Suite Steel Album- Pedal Steel Music

Discuss the band.

Suite Steel Album- Pedal Steel Music

Postby wheland » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:58 am

I just saw on Amazon that the album "Suite Steel - Pedal Steel Music " originally released in 1970 will be available 5-4-18 on CD. It was discussed in the past on this site.

It includes Rusty Young on several tracks. I have no idea if Rusty knows about this release or benefits from it financially. I did post about it on his FB page. I hope he does.

https://tinyurl.com/yaqr5mqf

Dennis
wheland

Re: Suite Steel Album- Pedal Steel Music

Postby rusty » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:09 pm

I wish I did, but I believe all royalties go to the producer
rusty

Postby wheland » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 am

I'm not surprised. However I don't expect the producer to get rich on the royalties from this release. That's a shame because by all the comments I've read on the album it's a great one .

Even if you don't directly profit from it it may help people become aware of the fact that you are still releasing great music and performing live.

Dennis
wheland

Postby kenslater » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:10 pm

I wonder what spurred a CD release at this time.
At this point, I will probably not buy it, as I converted my vinyl copy to CD years ago (especially since the artists get nothing). And I doubt they spent much time remastering.
It kind of reminds me of the 'Pickin' On' series where they did bluegrass versions of songs - except here they do pedal steel versions of then popular songs (with a few odds and ends).
Ken
kenslater

Return to Poco Discussion