Status Quo

Discuss the band.

Status Quo

Postby Denbo » Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am

Hello Poconuts:

We all have musical interests outside of Poco. Mine range from AC/DC to ZZ Top. Are there any fans out there of the British rock band Status Quo?

The have been around as long as Poco, and are very underappreciated outside of the UK. But they have prolific songwriters who specialize in catchy hooks, great guitar work, rock/pop, and just fun songs to listen to. I just bought their three CD set of their best songs, and it is absolutely terrific. I'll bet that if you put on one of their CD's at a paarty your guests would be jammin.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this outstanding music group.
Denbo

Re: Status Quo

Postby marc » Sat May 19, 2018 8:36 am

I remember “Pictures of Matchstick Men.” I liked that song a long time ago. Don’t know if it’s the same band.

Marc-
marc

Re: Status Quo

Postby mcdtj » Sat May 19, 2018 9:18 am

Denbo wrote:Hello Poconuts:

We all have musical interests outside of Poco. Mine range from AC/DC to ZZ Top. Are there any fans out there of the British rock band Status Quo?

The have been around as long as Poco, and are very underappreciated outside of the UK. But they have prolific songwriters who specialize in catchy hooks, great guitar work, rock/pop, and just fun songs to listen to. I just bought their three CD set of their best songs, and it is absolutely terrific. I'll bet that if you put on one of their CD's at a paarty your guests would be jammin.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this outstanding music group.

Your observation about them being underappreciated outside the UK is spot-on. Most in the USA who know of the band probably consider them a one-hit wonder for Pictures of Matchstick Men.
mcdtj

Return to Poco Discussion