Andrew Rios

Discuss the band.

Andrew Rios

Postby rusty » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:46 pm

We are so sorry to hear the sad news today that we lost a good friend and member of our Poco family. Andy Rios will be dearly missed by all of us.
rusty

Re: Andrew Rios

Postby mcdtj » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:22 am

Andy was one of those folks who made this website a great place to visit. Welcoming and engaging, with more than a casual interest in music, his posts here were must reading for me. He'll be missed. Condolences to all who held him dear.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Andy was such a dear heart, imp, and musical talent. I will miss him greatly.

Most of the southern California Poconuts have this info, but in case anyone else is interested, Andy's memorial will be at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, July 14 at Bethany Baptist Church, 763 N Sunset Ave, West Covina. I will be there, along with Major and Faye (Mr. and Mrs. Guitarbro), and possibly several others in southern California who knew him. Also, there is a GoFundMe page to help support the family: https://www.gofundme.com/andy-rios-memorial-fund.

Rest in Peace, Andy....
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby kroney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Haven’t checked in recently and so saddened to get this news.
Andrew was one someone who took the time to help me through the hardest period of my life, when my grandson was in treatment for cancer. His words of encouragement and love of God and family were uplifting and when he told me he was praying I knew it wasn’t just the nice thing to say. I knew he was. He had even asked the congregation of the church he attended to include Tyler in their prayers. Who knows, perhaps in a way Tyler being now 5 years cancer free with no evidence of disease is in part do to his love of children. I know how important his grandchildren were to him.
We hadn’t communicated in years but I will never forget Andrew for the love and compassion that he had shown me and my Ty.
Rest In Peace my friend we will someday meet I am sure.
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Return to Poco Discussion