Month away month away
Yay!!!
mcdtj

Re: Hoedown XVI

Postby mcdtj » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Palm Canyon Hotel
Borrego Springs, CA
April 2 - 5, 2020

We'll load in late in the afternoon on the 2nd, grab some dinner, and play music from 8 - 8:30 pm to 10:30 - 11 pm.

Friday, we'll do some late morning acoustic sets, and then play after lunch until 10:30 - 11 pm, with a break for dinner. Saturday looks pretty much like Friday. And on Sunday morning, we load out and head home.

It's a great time. There's almost always music playing. But you also can do some hiking, shopping or just kick back and relax at the pool. Or join our jigsaw puzzlers as they ply their craft. In short, be as active or inactive as you want to be.

It's a fun time with great people. Must be fun, because we do it year after year. Like Richie once sang, "...old friends that new friends could like."

Still time to make your travel plans and join us...
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:48 pm

mcdtj wrote:Palm Canyon Hotel
Borrego Springs, CA
April 2 - 5, 2020

We'll load in late in the afternoon on the 2nd, grab some dinner, and play music from 8 - 8:30 pm to 10:30 - 11 pm.

Friday, we'll do some late morning acoustic sets, and then play after lunch until 10:30 - 11 pm, with a break for dinner. Saturday looks pretty much like Friday. And on Sunday morning, we load out and head home.

It's a great time. There's almost always music playing. But you also can do some hiking, shopping or just kick back and relax at the pool. Or join our jigsaw puzzlers as they ply their craft. In short, be as active or inactive as you want to be.

It's a fun time with great people. Must be fun, because we do it year after year. Like Richie once sang, "...old friends that new friends could like."

Still time to make your travel plans and join us...

I'm really looking forward to this year's hoedown because I didn't have to do the organization and planning...I get to just show up!! And I will be staying in a hotel room instead of an RV or trailer for the first time since Hoedown I in 2005.

Tim...I'm bringing the acoustic, two electric 6-strings, a bass, amps, cables, cords, mics and stands. And probably some other stuff.... I'm pretty sure I've got you covered.
8-)

And by the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:39 am

The Palm Canyon Resort is still open and Hoedown XVI is still on, as of today. Some of us who have to fly to CA (i.e., me) and other attendees with higher health risk profiles (also me) have opted not to attend. Just too many potental health and travel risks to take at this time, for me.

This event is one of the highlights of my year, and I hate to miss it. Bummer.

We've talked about an alternate date in early fall if the April event ultimately falls through, but nothing has been decided.

Watch this space for further updates.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:49 pm

mcdtj wrote:The Palm Canyon Resort is still open and Hoedown XVI is still on, as of today.

I've been checking the website and have seen nothing at all related to closure, though I would imagine that they'll have to close the restaurant and bar.

I would like to see the event canceled for now and rescheduled when all who want to come CAN come!! Fall is a possibility, but I'm also thinking about summer at a location other than Borrego Springs (too darn hot!!). Maybe southern Colorado? Something to consider....
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby studiogirl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Sadly, I just canceled my reservation. Hoedown XVI appears to be canceled. I am still hoping to reschedule this summer. Some of us are exploring locations other than the thousand-degree heat of the desert. Any ideas would be welcome....
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Return to Poco Discussion