Favorite Songwriters

Discuss the band.

Favorite Songwriters

Postby Denbo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Poconuts:

Who are some of your favorite songwriters? Besides the obvious such as Lennon & McCartney, or Jagger & Richards, do you have songwriters whose songs just speak to you.

I would offer up Bruce Springsteen, Frey and Henley, and of course my favorite, Mr. Paul Cotton.
Denbo

Re: Favorite Songwriters

Postby Jiff » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:07 pm

I include the above except for Jagger and Richards and Henley and Frey because I believe that one was more lyrics and one more music. It would be nice to know individual contributions to their songs. So I also exclude Elton and Taupin, Plant and Page, Brian Wilson, Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir with Robert Hunter. Not sure about Rod Stewart's music side contribution.

Not in order. Besides Springsteen, Lennon, Cotton and McCartney, add George Harrison, Rusty Young, Fogelberg, Bob Seger, Neil Young, Joel, Prine, Dewey Bunnell, Rafferty, Petty, Clapton, Mellencamp, Gary Louris, Iain Sutherland, Sheryl Crow, Chuck Berry, Buffett, Hank Williams, Zevon, Simon, Barry Gibb, Buckingham, Dylan, Fogerty, Jim Cuddy, Browne, Cat Stevens, Van Morrison, Steve Miller. Probably others not coming to mind. I guess I didn't narrow my list much.
Jiff

Return to Poco Discussion