Colorado Show 7/12/09

Discuss the band.

Re: Colorado Show 7/12/09

Postby waterchaser » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Coco, I'm from western Colorado and Denver scares the holy bejesus out'a me... so I have no idea how long it would take you to travel that distance. When I get to Denver from the west, I just close my eyes and hope I arrive where I'm supposed to be. If I could fly to Hudson Gardens, I'd do it. Sorry I couldn't help. Hope to see you Sunday!
waterchaser

Postby CoCoNut » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 pm

So you are a country boy! I understand. No problem, i'm sure my daughters friends can tell me. I don't like driving in the city either. My GPS is my guide. Look forward to meeting you.
Keep your eyes open :shock:
CoCoNut

Postby waterchaser » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Coco,
We'll see you there... remember, tall, ugly, beard, short girlfriend and (I forgot to add before) bad limp from a hip that will be replaced in October. I can't walk well, but I can dance like a fool. (at least that's my assesment... I've seen me do it before). :lol:
waterchaser

Postby MsUp » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:24 am

waterchaser wrote:Coco,
We'll see you there... remember, tall, ugly, beard, short girlfriend and (I forgot to add before) bad limp from a hip that will be replaced in October. I can't walk well, but I can dance like a fool. (at least that's my assesment... I've seen me do it before). :lol:

Don't listen to him, Donna, he's tall and handsome with a beard, and his lady is 'not short' (he's just always being taller than her).
MsUp

Postby studiogirl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm

Made it to Karla's yesterday...and was greeted by Karla, Martin, Cliff, Razzle, Singer, Smudge...a warm breeze and some fine cold beer!

I found this escaped emoticon on my drive here...is anyone missing one???Image
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby MartinG » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Well Richie was excellent last night, and I'm sure he'll be even better tonight. Our 'boys' are going to have a hard act to follow !

And, are you going to be coming or not, Claudia ?

PS hope you do turn up because
1. I owe you $10, and I like to pay my debts
2. I want to show you the downside of being sockless !! :lol: :o
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby MsUp » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:38 pm

MartinG wrote:Well Richie was excellent last night, and I'm sure he'll be even better tonight. Our 'boys' are going to have a hard act to follow !

And, are you going to be coming or not, Claudia ?

PS hope you do turn up because
1. I owe you $10, and I like to pay my debts
2. I want to show you the downside of being sockless !! :lol: :o

Oh, you gotta know, I really want to be there, but I just don't want to drive in Denver, and wasn't able to get a ride to the gig on Sunday (or I'd have done it). Don't worry about the $10.00 (that's nothing between friends, Martin). However, get $15.00 out and put aside for Paul's photo book (MsUp's photos of Paul). Mary should have a few left, and I'm sure Caroline will have some with her, if Mary is out of them. The new bandannas are way cool, you're gonna need one of those (black or pink), and great shirts and hats. Do you have a denim jacket, yet ?
I'm not sure if there is a downside to being sockless, except the other night, in CT., we dealt with a ton of mud, and many sockless toddlers jumping & dancing in it. Enjoy the second night of Richie (he blows 'em off, too), what did you think of Crazy Eyes (?) pretty amazing, huh !!!
'Believe me', Poco will not disappoint ! They are just burning, and Paul's new Bird of Paradise Falcon is from another planet, WOW can that girl sing, with our Paul pluckin' her strings. All my best to the Colorado crowd (and those who traveled east or west for the events), MsUp is missing you.
Cherio !
MsUp

Postby MartinG » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:56 pm

MsUp wrote:
I'm not sure if there is a downside to being sockless,

think Brown Recluse Spiders ...
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby MsUp » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:09 pm

MartinG wrote:
MsUp wrote:
I'm not sure if there is a downside to being sockless,

think Brown Recluse Spiders ...

Oh my, don't remind me. That little sucker caused me so much trouble (for about 6 months, I was on heavy duty drugs, 'on & off). Just met someone, this week, who's friend died from the same bite, and he was sick for 2 years (in & out of the hospital, and was being treated from day one). They are one of the most dangerous spiders (and very tiny, can't see 'em until it's too late).

Have oodles of fun, and love to Karlarado, Carolyn and all the gang.
MsUp

Postby MartinG » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:55 pm

OK. Here is the prediction for tonight's set list

Under The Gun
Call It Love
Rose of Cimarron
Indian Summer
Shake It / Barbados
Keep On Tryin
Crazy Love
Bad Weather
Hard Country
Legend
Magnolia
Heart of the Night
------------
ENCORE (with a certain resident of Colorado sitting in)

Kind Woman
Pickin Up Th Pieces
You Better Think Twice
Good Feelin To Know

And, if anyone from the band is reading this, you get a free beer for every one I get wrong !
MartinG

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion