Colorado Show 7/12/09

Discuss the band.

Colorado Show 7/12/09

Postby CoCoNut » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:24 am

Who is going to the 7/12 show?
Ed and I will be out there helping our daughter move in to her new place. She is only 14 miles from Hudson Gardens.
Are there any pre-concert plans?
CoCoNut

Re: Colorado Show 7/12/09

Postby studiogirl » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 am

Great news, Donna!! Yes...Karla, Martin, my friend from Monument, and I will be there. We will be caravaning from Loveland and Boulder to Littleton. No pre-concert plans yet, but I'll see what we can conjure up. I have to figure out the drive time and work backwards from there. Maybe arriving an hour or two early at the venue is the ticket--there are food concessions, so we could party/picnic...whatever for a couple of hours before the show. Afterwards, we all have some distance to go to get home, and it's a "school night" so I don't think a post-concert thing would work.

Any chance you and Ed can make it to one of Richie's shows on Friday or Saturday? We'll all be there (plus others).

It'll be fun to see both you and "the Snake Whisperer"!!! (credit: TonySTL for that moniker!!)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby CoCoNut » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

Great! I can't wait to see you!
I know Friday is out because we will be driving. Not sure about Sat. Do you think if we decide to come, we can get tickets at the door? Where is Richie's show on Sat.?
CoCoNut

Postby studiogirl » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Both of Richie's shows, Fri and Sat, are at Nissi's in Lafayette, a little north of Denver.

I don't know about last-minute tickets, but you could call and find out about sales. I do think the Saturday show would sell out before the Friday show, but I think they both will sell out.

I'd urge you to call Nissi's and talk to them about it. You can get more info here: http://www.nissis.com/

I'd also urge you to try and make it to Nissi's...Richie's full band shows are amazing (I think you just saw them at Wildwood?)

Also...Saturday, July 11 is Scott's birthday, and I gotta tell you, when that man gets to play a show on his birthday, he tears the house down!! I saw him a couple of years ago on a July 11, and he ripped it up on that yellow Strat (and all the other instruments!). I expect the Saturday show to be a rip-roaring, rock and roll, birthday celebration!!!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby CoCoNut » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks for the info Carolyn. There are only tall bars seats available for Sat. but they said you can call the day of the show to see if any seats are available. I'll have to check with Ed. We did see the full band at Wildwood and they were great! Scott is amazing abd I was told the brainchild behind them doing "Crazy Eyes".
I think Michelle (daughter) and her friend Wendy are going to join us on Sunday. Michelle saw them in SanDiego a couple of years ago.
Maybe I can talk her into having everyone meet at he place before the show. She is real close to hwy 25/470, so it will be a hop/skip/jump to Hudson Gardens.
I still have your cell#, so I will call you on Friday or most likely on Sat. to see about hooking up.
CoCoNut

Postby MartinG » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:50 pm

CoCoNut wrote:There are only tall bars seats available for Sat. but they said you can call the day of the show to see if any seats are available.

Hey Donna, did you metnion to Nissi's that you wanted to join an existing party ? I think we already have two tables booked in Karla & SG's name, so they may be able to squeezw a couple more chairs in. The seating arrangements there are very flexible (last time we had a table for 7). The tall bar seats are at the back, and are normally for people who book tickets singly. [ You do get a good view from them though]
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby waterchaser » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Coconut, we will be there. About ten of us from around Colorado. You don't know me, but keep an eye out for a tall, ugly bearded one with a girlfriend about half his size. We will be traveling from the western slope on Saturday, concert Sunday and staying in a local hotel afterwards in case they serve beer at the venue. :D Look forward to meeting you and other nuts.
waterchaser

Postby CoCoNut » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:54 am

MartinG wrote:
CoCoNut wrote:There are only tall bars seats available for Sat. but they said you can call the day of the show to see if any seats are available.

Hey Donna, did you metnion to Nissi's that you wanted to join an existing party ? I think we already have two tables booked in Karla & SG's name, so they may be able to squeezw a couple more chairs in. The seating arrangements there are very flexible (last time we had a table for 7). The tall bar seats are at the back, and are normally for people who book tickets singly. [ You do get a good view from them though]

thanks Martin, i'll call them today and see if there is room at your table, we may have 4 people. Michelle (daughter) and her friend Wendy may be coming too. For sure they are going to see Poco.
CoCoNut

Postby CoCoNut » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:59 am

waterchaser wrote:Coconut, we will be there. About ten of us from around Colorado. You don't know me, but keep an eye out for a tall, ugly bearded one with a girlfriend about half his size. We will be traveling from the western slope on Saturday, concert Sunday and staying in a local hotel afterwards in case they serve beer at the venue. :D Look forward to meeting you and other nuts.

Waterchaser, I will be on the look out for you. I love meeting new nuts! I will be wearing something Poco. I still have my nametag that Doug Poore made for all the poconuts attending the Wildwood show and I also have a blinkie running horse that Martin gave me. We'll be with 2 young hot blond chicks! We will probably hook up with Martin, Karla and Studiogirl.
CoCoNut

Postby MsUp » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I can't believe I'm missing this round of shows (CA & CO). But 7/12 is almost 2 weeks away, you never know with MsUp.
MsUp

Next

Return to Poco Discussion