Keep On Tryin
Crazy Love
Bad Weather
Hard Country
Legend
Magnolia
Heart of the Night
------------
ENCORE (with a certain resident of Colorado sitting in)

Kind Woman
Pickin Up Th Pieces
You Better Think Twice
Good Feelin To Know

And, if anyone from the band is reading this, you get a free beer for every one I get wrong !

Well, it's Sunday afternoon, and I'm still in NY, sooooo.... it looks like I won't be making this show (LOL). I sure hope you get to see Poco with a Richie Furay chaser (now that for sure will blow your socks off). In the recent shows, where Poco & Richie are on the bill together, Richie usually comes out in the middle of the show (PUTP, Kind Woman, A Child's Claim To Fame, Grand Junction, AGFTK, etc.). Just maybe, you'll get to hear Just For Me & You, and/or On The Way Home. You're gonna have a blast !
Wish I could jump on the next Frontier flight to Denver.
MsUp

Re: Colorado Show 7/12/09

Postby MartinG » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:52 pm

MsUp wrote: In the recent shows, where Poco & Richie are on the bill together, Richie usually comes out in the middle of the show (PUTP, Kind Woman, A Child's Claim To Fame, Grand Junction, AGFTK, etc.).

just to clarify, the official position on Richie's participation tonight is "maybe" ...
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby Bluewater » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Hello All, I'm a new member here, but not a new Poco or Richie fan. I went to the show at Nissi's on Friday and had a terrific time. The band put on a great show and you all know Richie did. I had the opportunity to talk to Richie for a bit and have him sign a few mementos I had collected over the years. I also spent some time talking to Nancy. I told her I had been following Richie since 1966. She laughed and said, so have I.

I wish I could make the Poco show at Hudson's, but unfortunately I can't because of a previous obligation...my 60th birthday party! I sure missed not having the band at the Louisville street fair this year. They had quite a run there for a number of years.

To the guys: Keep pickin' and grinnin'
Bluewater

Postby jimmym » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Welcome to the NutHouse, Bluewater!

BTW Thanks for posting the pictures Robin.
Last edited by jimmym on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes
jimmym

Postby TartanSkirt » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:33 pm

The Nuthouse has bluewater now, and they wonder why we say don't drink the water around here HA :lol:

Welcome BlueWater, you will, well, umm, err love it here and you're welcome jimmy.
Pretending to be a normal person day-to-day is exhausting.
TartanSkirt

Postby MsUp » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Bluewater wrote:Hello All, I'm a new member here, but not a new Poco or Richie fan. I went to the show at Nissi's on Friday and had a terrific time. The band put on a great show and you all know Richie did. I had the opportunity to talk to Richie for a bit and have him sign a few mementos I had collected over the years. I also spent some time talking to Nancy. I told her I had been following Richie since 1966. She laughed and said, so have I.

I wish I could make the Poco show at Hudson's, but unfortunately I can't because of a previous obligation...my 60th birthday party! I sure missed not having the band at the Louisville street fair this year. They had quite a run there for a number of years.

To the guys: Keep pickin' and grinnin'

Welcome to 'the nuthouse', Bluewater, and a happy 60th birthday (that's a nice milestone). Enjoy your party !
sockless Claudia (aka MsUp)

P.S. This is MsUp's 200th post in 'the new nuthouse'.
MsUp

Postby Dar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:25 pm

welcome aboard
Dar

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 am

MartinG wrote:OK. Here is the prediction for tonight's set list

Under The Gun
Call It Love
Rose of Cimarron
Indian Summer
Shake It / Barbados
Keep On Tryin
Crazy Love
Bad Weather
Hard Country
Legend
Magnolia
Heart of the Night
------------
ENCORE (with a certain resident of Colorado sitting in)

Kind Woman
Pickin Up Th Pieces
You Better Think Twice
Good Feelin To Know

And, if anyone from the band is reading this, you get a free beer for every one I get wrong !

OK, I owe the band 3 beers.
They played A Little Rain Don't Bother Me, Grand Junction and Childs Claim to Fame
(but no Legend or Better Think Twice), and yes the "founding father" was there.

There were around 500 people there, including Karlarado, Studiogirl, Coconut and BeerForRusty, so I'll let one of them tell you more, I'm whacked !
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby Bogeyfire » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 am

MartinG wrote:=
There were around 500 people there, including Karlarado, Studiogirl, Coconut and BeerForRusty, so I'll let one of them tell you more, I'm whacked !

You are "whacked"! (But in a good way.) FYI- beer and altitude have that kind of effect when in combination!
:mrgreen:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am

Awaiting further chatter 'bout the show, with Poco & Richie (set list, etc.). How was the weather ?
MsUp

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion