Colorado Show 7/12/09

Discuss the band.

Re: Colorado Show 7/12/09

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 am

Bogeyfire wrote:
MartinG wrote:=
There were around 500 people there, including Karlarado, Studiogirl, Coconut and BeerForRusty, so I'll let one of them tell you more, I'm whacked !

You are "whacked"! (But in a good way.) FYI- beer and altitude have that kind of effect when in combination!
:mrgreen:

1. the 40 mile detour on the way home didn't help either !
2. who said anything about beer ? I was reduced to drinking Bud !
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:35 am

MsUp wrote:Awaiting further chatter 'bout the show, with Poco & Richie (set list, etc.). How was the weather ?

I've already given you the setlist ! :o
I got the first 5 songs completely correct. 8-)

Weather was some light rain (think Estes 2008) which cleared to give a pleasant evening.

Rusty did give out some interesting information, but Studiogirl is itching to tell you that, so I won't spoil the surprise. :| ;)
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby beerforrusty » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:03 am

Martin, Bud??? They had a couple of decent microbrews on tap at the cafe.
A bock and a Blue-Moonish light. Cheaper than the Bud, too.
beerforrusty

Postby studiogirl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 am

MartinG wrote:Rusty did give out some interesting information, but Studiogirl is itching to tell you that, so I won't spoil the surprise. :| ;)

I am? Other than a bug bite, I'm not itching at all. Spill the beans, Martin...I have no idea what you're referring to.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby studiogirl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 am

Oh yeah...TOGBT shoulda been there to hear from the MC that the band PERSONALLY knows Jimmy Messina, which Rusty later confirmed (with a chuckle).

For those who don't know, TOGBT made a nuisance of himself at the Coach House once, asking everyone if they knew where Jimmy Messina lives. That was when TOGBT met Zog and DoctorMojave. I think I'm glad I missed that show!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 pm

beerforrusty wrote:Martin, Bud??? They had a couple of decent microbrews on tap at the cafe.
A bock and a Blue-Moonish light. Cheaper than the Bud, too.

I'm tempted to say 'What cafe?', but I did see something in the distance when exploring during the intermission.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the show, John. For me it was the 2nd or 3rd best Poco show I've seen (out of 6).

BTW, you were captured on film giving Rusty that beer (which Kev hopes wasn't Bud !)
MartinG

Postby beerforrusty » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Yeah, the cafe was the little beige building up the path a ways to the left of the stage as you were facing the stage. And no, it wasn't a Bud. it was a Shock top (I think).
That was the lighter of the two microbrews that they had on tap.
My wife and I were talking, and we agree that the shows have become more mellow in the last few years. I thought It was a great show. Having Richie makes so much difference, especially in the vocals. I was thrilled to hear Grand Junction. Last year at Estes, I asked Rusty about it and he said they don't play it because they don't usually carry a dobro with them. And where were you sitting and what do you look like?
I told my wife to listen for a British accent. One of these times we have to meet.
beerforrusty

Postby MartinG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 pm

beerforrusty wrote:Yeah, the cafe was the little beige building up the path a ways to the left of the stage as you were facing the stage. And no, it wasn't a Bud. it was a Shock top (I think).
My wife and I were talking, and we agree that the shows have become more mellow in the last few years. I thought It was a great show. Having Richie makes so much difference, especially in the vocals. I was thrilled to hear Grand Junction. Last year at Estes, I asked Rusty about it and he said they don't play it because they don't usually carry a dobro with them. And where were you sitting and what do you look like?
I told my wife to listen for a British accent. One of these times we have to meet.

1. I've drunk Shocktop, at the Loveland Summerfest last Saturday. A nice beer.
2. You usually get better beer at Richie shows ! [ Nissis has New Belgian on tap ]
3. I was sitting directly behind you - about 4 rows back
4. This is a picture http://martin-grosberg.fotopic.net/p57055389.html - in the past I've had avatars of myself as well
5. I'd not heard Grand Junction or A Little Rain before - both dobro songs
6. Enjoyed the concert, but I thought the first two songs sounded leaden and pedestrian ? [ await flaming defence of 'our boys' from MsUp !]
7. I've got quite a few photos of the concert, including some I took whilst waiting in line to use the rest-room ! Will post them when I get home to England.
8. The concert was just too large to recognize / meet individual people. Still looking for Waterchaser the "tall ugly guy with small girlfriend"
MartinG

Postby MsUp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:59 pm

MartinG wrote:
beerforrusty wrote:Yeah, the cafe was the little beige building up the path a ways to the left of the stage as you were facing the stage. And no, it wasn't a Bud. it was a Shock top (I think).

1. I've drunk Shocktop, at the Loveland Summerfest last Saturday. A nice beer.
2. You usually get better beer at Richie shows ! [ Nissis has New Belgian on tap ]
3. I was sitting directly behind you - about 4 rows back
4. This is a picture http://martin-grosberg.fotopic.net/p57055389.html - in the past I've had avatars of myself as well
5. I'd not heard Grand Junction or A Little Rain before - both dobro songs
6. Enjoyed the concert, but I thought the first two songs sounded leaden and pedestrian ? [ await flaming defence of 'our boys' from MsUp !]
7. I've got quite a few photos of the concert, including some I took whilst waiting in line to use the rest-room ! Will post them when I get home to England.
8. The concert was just too large to recognize / meet individual people. Still looking for Waterchaser the "tall ugly guy with small girlfriend"

So I'll figure out the set list from your predictions and modification, done !
No offense taken, to point #6, but my socks blew off my feet, in New York, just thinking about the count-in on Under The Gun (one two three FOUR)......
MsUp

Postby waterchaser » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Martin, we were there... close to the Budwiser stand to the left of the stage. I'm certian you could not miss my better half in her bright yellow pants. The show was great and the rain beforehand did not seem to dampen the spirits of any nuts. Maybe we will meet at the next Colorado show which I heard was just added. I have not looked at the Tour tab to see where the show is going to be or when... but I'm told it's on the schedule.
waterchaser

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion