Poco- San Diego, Del Mar Fair, 6/25 tonight; who's going?

Discuss the band.

Re: Poco- San Diego, Del Mar Fair, 6/25 tonight; who's going?

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:18 am

I was on an airplane coming home from Seattle. POOPIE!
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby Bogeyfire » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:43 am

Poco was excellent! Nothing too surprising in the setlist. The sound was absolutely fabulous! In the very beginning I thought Rusty's guitar was a little too hot and Paul's needed a little more volume, but that got fixed.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much and was considering going to another show for which I bought tickets before this show as announced. The Fair didn't entice me, especially since they weren't on the big stage. It was in a plaza area outside the racetrack. People would mill through the area between the front lawn chairs and the standing mosh pit area. It was a little annoying, so we decided to get on our feet and watch up close after a few songs.

I think this is the BEST "Magnolia" version I have ever heard. I had my son's new video gizmo in my pocket which was just about out of batteries. I gave it a shot, and although the video leaves a little to be desired, the sound is surprisingly good! I posted it.

Check it out: "Magnolia"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQDC5Gjt ... annel_page
:mrgreen:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Mark,

Many thanks for posting that. You are correct, that was a killer performance of that song. I think you have also convinced me that I need to get one of those flip things. Jeff used his at Stagecoach and got similarly good results.
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby Bogeyfire » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:37 pm

RedRiverPatrol wrote:Mark,

...I need to get one of those flip things. Jeff used his at Stagecoach and got similarly good results.

Hi Dave, Its amaizingly simple to use. No tapes. Just internal flash memory. The "flip" refers to the USB jack that flips out. The camcorder plugs into your computer to download and recharges at the same time, or you can use (2) AAA batteries. Not many controls on the thing, so its super simple to operate. I would actually like more controls, but I'm not an "automatic" kind of guy.

The basic Flip goes for $150. The HD version is $200 and has memory enough for 2hrs recording. I was floored the sound was so good considering the high volume. I have some snips of other songs. Hopefully I can collage them together and post as well.
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby MsUp » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Bogeyfire wrote:Poco was excellent! Nothing too surprising in the setlist. The sound was absolutely fabulous! In the very beginning I thought Rusty's guitar was a little too hot and Paul's needed a little more volume, but that got fixed.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much and was considering going to another show for which I bought tickets before this show as announced. The Fair didn't entice me, especially since they weren't on the big stage. It was in a plaza area outside the racetrack. People would mill through the area between the front lawn chairs and the standing mosh pit area. It was a little annoying, so we decided to get on our feet and watch up close after a few songs.

I think this is the BEST "Magnolia" version I have ever heard. I had my son's new video gizmo in my pocket which was just about out of batteries. I gave it a shot, and although the video leaves a little to be desired, the sound is surprisingly good! I posted it.

Check it out: "Magnolia"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQDC5Gjt ... annel_page
:mrgreen:

Oh Mark, that was sooo sweet, thanks a million for posting the video of Magnolia (almost 9 minutes of heaven). One would think I'd have OD'd by now, but MsUp misses them already, and find myself looking forward to the upcoming shows.
IMHO, Poco are playing and singing better than ever (Paul's voice was very strong in San Diego, and our man of steel never disappoints on Magnolia, Jack & George make it whole). Looks like it was a chilly night, with all in long sleeves and light jackets (guess that's the desert, for ya !) .
..Sockless Claudia :D :D :D :D
MsUp

Postby Straycat » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks Bogey- great stuff!
Life is too short to listen to sh!tty music
Straycat

Postby cimarron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 am

Mark,
Thanks for the video. An awesome version of Magnolia, it brought tears to my eyes. A great way to start the morning. You and the flip camcorder did a great job. I think I will be getting one of those.

Linda
cimarron

Postby aceinoc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 am

mark,

wish we could have made it...work ruled that day. thanks for posting and good job. this is a fine version of a classic song. see you soon i hope...
'I don't know where we are going, but I'm on my way.'
aceinoc

Postby voycefm » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:57 pm

oh, man, i forgot all about this. we got home from europe on monday the 22nd, and planned on going to this, but it just slipped our mind. hope it was a good show.
"God bless us, every one"
Tiny Tim
voycefm

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion