hot and humid,looks like summer is finally here

Discuss the band.

hot and humid,looks like summer is finally here

Postby Dar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:19 pm

been having a cold and rainy summer so far, its hot and mumid today,finally sunny,suppose to get thunderstorms tonite after 5,strong,so all be safe,i like the sun,and warmth,but can do without the humidity:( its 87 now... stay cool all
Dar

Re: hot and humid,looks like summer is finally here

Postby woogie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:23 pm

Same here, hot and humid.Big rain forcast tomorrow :o
woogie

Postby kroney » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 pm

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't remember the last time we had a real Spring....seems like we move right into summer......unless you call 50 and 60 degree temps and pouring rain spring......currently very humid with temps in the mid to high 90's......relief is on the way with more seasonable temps of high 70's low 80's coming next week.....I'm trying not to think of my next electric bill....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby sunsetkidd » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:06 pm

kroney wrote:I don't know about the rest of you but I can't remember the last time we had a real Spring....seems like we move right into summer......unless you call 50 and 60 degree temps and pouring rain spring......currently very humid with temps in the mid to high 90's......relief is on the way with more seasonable temps of high 70's low 80's coming next week.....I'm trying not to think of my next electric bill....

Finally, a weather thread! :D

Well, here in NJ it has been such a cool, rainy end of spring that I have NOT turned on my AC once this year, so my next electric bill will surely be lower than as compared to this same time of any previous year. But since I said that, I'm sure the heat wave (that most of the rest of the country has been experiencing) will be upon us shortly.
Stopped at the beach after work today and it was an absolutely gorgeous 72 degrees, with intervals of sun; water temp is surprisingly seasonal, at near 70! Been getting tired of the grey and rain which has been part of nearly every day.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby Dar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:16 pm

woogie wrote:Same here, hot and humid.Big rain forcast tomorrow :o

rained a little here,suppose to have severe storms tonite,low 50,nice sleeping weather
Dar

Postby Dar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm

kroney wrote:I don't know about the rest of you but I can't remember the last time we had a real Spring....seems like we move right into summer......unless you call 50 and 60 degree temps and pouring rain spring......currently very humid with temps in the mid to high 90's......relief is on the way with more seasonable temps of high 70's low 80's coming next week.....I'm trying not to think of my next electric bill....

same here,no spring or fall... goes from summer to winter... lets hope we start to get out 4 seasons back,been the same here,rain,and 50s..... crazy
Dar

Postby Dar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:20 pm

sunsetkidd wrote:

Finally, a weather thread! :D

Well, here in NJ it has been such a cool, rainy end of spring that I have NOT turned on my AC once this year, so my next electric bill will surely be lower than as compared to this same time of any previous year. But since I said that, I'm sure the heat wave (that most of the rest of the country has been experiencing) will be upon us shortly.
Stopped at the beach after work today and it was an absolutely gorgeous 72 degrees, with intervals of sun; water temp is surprisingly seasonal, at near 70! Been getting tired of the grey and rain which has been part of nearly every day.

i am with you jim,been dreaery,chilly and plain depressing,i was enjoying the cool temps to sleep and using only fans was comfy,i had my ac on yesterday and today,back to fan tonite,i hate using ac,and it makes my electric bill too high also. lets hope we dont get any heat waves,i still havent opened my pool......
Dar

Postby Dar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 am

pouring here again..... looks like a wasout week,all rain,cooler temps,think its time for that ark
Dar

Postby RedDirtRog » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 am

Very warm and muggy here in the north of england, but at least we're missing those thunderstorms they are getting down south including at the Glastonbury festival (it always rains there). Hope you're not getting drowned out other Rog.
Supposed to get even hotter next week.
Well the music pours out on the street
Just as clean and cool as a cotton sheet

Country Rock, it's timeless
it's song will never ever age
Country Rock, it's in my bones
and they'll be singing along in my grave
RedDirtRog

Postby randall » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:39 am

Beautiful sunny South Florida. Rain for 3 weeks straight. Some afternoon thunderstorms produce extreme lightning and high winds.Some winds as high as 60 MPH. Welcome to the summer afternoon rain pattern. Daytime temperatures in the mid 90's.Humidity 75-85%.Just wait till the middle of July into August. And it's hurricane season.
randall

Next

Return to Poco Discussion