Michael Jackson Rushed to Hospital

Discuss the band.

Re: Michael Jackson Rushed to Hospital

Postby studiogirl » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:51 pm

MJ's addictions were not a secret. Lots of people have known about it for a long time.

Acknowledging his addictions and being there for the family are mutually exclusive, although the fact that he was an addict perhaps makes it even more important to be supportive of the family now.

I'm a disinterested person, literally and figuratively, and feel sorry for everyone close to him because he was, in my opinion, a lost cause (at the point where he departed). How sad is that? The world seemingly loved him; he had a large and supportive family. But he still couldn't make it. I find it tragic, but in a literary sense. I don't think he had all that much creativity left...I think he made his splash and the well was running dry. (Just my opinion.) And he was unable to pull himself together to imagine something musically new...or if he did, we'll never know.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby MsUp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 am

studiogirl wrote:MJ's addictions were not a secret. Lots of people have known about it for a long time.

Acknowledging his addictions and being there for the family are mutually exclusive, although the fact that he was an addict perhaps makes it even more important to be supportive of the family now.

I'm a disinterested person, literally and figuratively, and feel sorry for everyone close to him because he was, in my opinion, a lost cause (at the point where he departed). How sad is that? The world seemingly loved him; he had a large and supportive family. But he still couldn't make it. I find it tragic, but in a literary sense. I don't think he had all that much creativity left...I think he made his splash and the well was running dry. (Just my opinion.) And he was unable to pull himself together to imagine something musically new...or if he did, we'll never know.

Well said, sis. I have lots of questions regarding his not so 'untimely' (death ?). Guess we'll never know the whole truth....
MsUp

Postby mpsasmith » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 am

Michael Jackson was a pedophile. The jury who wouldn't convict him and his fans allowed this criminal to live a public life when he should have spent that life in jail. What ever the value of his music, it pales in comparison to the damage he did to countless children.

The quicker that we all forget him, the better it will be for everyone.

Marc-
mpsasmith

Postby jerzeypocofan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:58 pm

posted a few days ago Mark Stein of Vanilla Fudge talking about Michael

When I was recording with Dave Mason in 1980 for the album Old Crest On A
New Wave which was his last Columbia album, we were doing the session at
Hollywood Sound in Los Angeles and the Jackson Five were also doing some
tracks in the studio down the hall. I went out for a break and ran into
Michael Jackson in the lounge. I introduced myself and said, "Hey Michael,
come in the studio and check out this track. I think you'll dig it," and he
said, "Sure". He followed me into the studio, and I told the engineer Ed
Thacker to put up the track Save Me, written by the late great Jim Krueger
(who also wrote the huge hit "We Just Disagree") because it had the same
type of flavors and rhythm from the "Off The Wall" album.

So I could see he was getting excited getting into it, and I said, "Michael
why don't you go inside and scat on the tune. That would be amazing!" Low
and behold he actually went into the studio, stood in front of the
microphone, put the earphones on, and we hit the record button. Right away
he started singing an d dancing as if it was his own. I turned to the
engineer and said, "Can you believe what's going on here?" He basically did
it in one take, shook my hand, said thank you, and took off into the night.
This track has been sitting in stir all these years, and frankly I am
feeling honored that I was probably one of the very few cats from my era to
have had the pleasure to sing and play the Hammond organ on a track with
him.

RIP Michael"

Mark Stein/Vanilla Fudge
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby severalpieces » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:50 am

mpsasmith wrote:Michael Jackson was a pedophile. The jury who wouldn't convict him and his fans allowed this criminal to live a public life when he should have spent that life in jail. What ever the value of his music, it pales in comparison to the damage he did to countless children.

Marc-

Wow! Get it all out, and then be done with it.

This a public forum, and we are, so far, allowed to say what is on our mind. HOWEVER....comma, we are not unaware of Michael Jackson's ills, demons, et al.
I have struggled with my feelings with regard to his mental illness, his physical demons and illnesses, his altogether broken self.
I have judged him in my lack of capacity to judge.
I find him a human being with serious troubles, illnesses and yet still one of God's children.
I know, I know, his behaviour is more then questionable and likely apprehensible (sp?), his excuses weak and confounded.
We ALL KNOW this man's history as it has been unfolded page by page in the tabloids, the media, every thing exposed. Nevertheless, and believe me, I am not his biggest fan, HOWEVER >>>this young man was a giant in the music industry.
There was a time when there was not a mark on him....when he was lifted up and performed to his max, doing what he worked so hard to do and NO ONE can take that away from him. His fall from grace will follow him, and again I declare... HOWEVER >>>>>> Michael Jackson WAS one of the greatest performer/artists of our time !
I pray he is at peace for the first time of his life.
Bev
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby MsUp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:29 am

MsUp wrote:You were a darling little boy, and outrageously talented young man, and became so very troubled in your later years. I know you are on your way to that final resting place, where you will meet with your maker. May you rest in peace, Michael Jackson.

I still stand behind this statement, mine is not to judge him.
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 am

severalpieces wrote:
mpsasmith wrote:Michael Jackson was a pedophile. The jury who wouldn't convict him and his fans allowed this criminal to live a public life when he should have spent that life in jail. What ever the value of his music, it pales in comparison to the damage he did to countless children.

Marc-

This a public forum, and we are, so far, allowed to say what is on our mind. HOWEVER....comma, we are not unaware of Michael Jackson's ills, demons, et al.
I have struggled with my feelings with regard to his mental illness, his physical demons and illnesses, his altogether broken self.
I find him a human being with serious troubles, illnesses and yet still one of God's children.
I know, I know, his behaviour is more then questionable and likely apprehensible (sp?), his excuses weak and confounded.
We ALL KNOW this man's history as it has been unfolded page by page in the tabloids, the media, every thing exposed. Nevertheless, and believe me, I am not his biggest fan, HOWEVER >>>this young man was a giant in the music industry.
There was a time when there was not a mark on him....when he was lifted up and performed to his max, doing what he worked so hard to do and NO ONE can take that away from him. His fall from grace will follow him, and again I declare... HOWEVER >>>>>> Michael Jackson WAS one of the greatest performer/artists of our time !
Bev
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:55 am

MsUp wrote:
severalpieces wrote:

Marc-

Bev

This may be scary, but I agree with you, BJM.
Absolute power, corrupts, absolutely, and 'larger than life' stars, like Elvis, weren't much better. He picked himself a very young teenager / a peach right from the tree, to be his wife, he had the most violent mood swings and drugged himself into the next life, not to mention his jealousy & deep hatred of modern day icons, like The Beatles (some saying he conspired with Nixon to keep John Lennon out of the country). I don't think Elvis will ever be dethroned as The King. Even though I have my own personal opinion of what Michael may have done, it was never proven. His generosity, kindness and his enormous talent are what I will choose to remember.
MsUp

Postby Lonesomedave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 am

Bev

I'm of two minds here. First, as Joan Baez mentioned at one of her shows, no one is born with the desire to be a Jeffrey Dahmer or any of the many in our society who go radically off the track and do unspeakable things to their fellow human beings. There is a story behind their actions, their horrendous behavior. A great deal of this behavior has it's roots in some childhood trauma. Melissa Huckby is another example. Her story is yet to be revealed and we may never find out exactly, if she is found guilty, what went so terribly wrong to cause her to do what she's accused of doing. But where is the compassion for her? Who prays for peace for her? Had she not killed a child, how different were her actions from Jackson's? Had she the money, could she have bought her way out of criminal charges? Many believe OJ and Robert Blake paid their way out of a murder conviction.

Wrong is wrong. Millions of children rise above the terrible abuse inflicted on them and become good people. Some suffer in silence for what was forced on them. Some seek counseling and struggle to make something of their lives. Here was a man who could have righted his ship and become a positive influence, a spokesperson against the type of treatment he endured as a child that caused him to blur the rules of society.
There is a great deal of blame involved in his actions. From his troubled childhood to the parents who for the sake of a lot of money, placed their children in his path. But it was Jackson himself who should have taken control of his own life, recognized his problems and found help. Then his legacy would have been that of a fine artist who gifted the world with his talent. Whose life wouldn't have been the media freak show it became.
He was a living, "Baby Jane". Alone with his afflictions, his demons, his, "Neverland".
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby severalpieces » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 am

Ha! that is just a bit scary! ;o)
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion