Michael Jackson Rushed to Hospital

Discuss the band.

Re: Michael Jackson Rushed to Hospital

Postby weehawk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Sure. And OJ didn't do it either. I dont need the courts to tell me that this guy was a pedophile. You're right that I'll pass judgment. When so many pop stars (movie, music, sports) make more in a month then most people make in 5-10 years, I figure that I have the right to pass judgment.

Celebrity worship in this world is totally crazy. As long as a pedophile can sing and dance, (and pay for high-priced lawyers) we'll revere him and he'll not be held accountable for his actions. Otherwise, we'll throw his butt in jail because he has no talent and no money to properly defend himself. Screwed up world!

Last note: Ed McMahon and MJ both took fortunes that most people can only dream of and #@$! them away. Why do we "feel bad" when these people pass? Because they were entertainers? So what. Good people, doing good things die everyday and they are not noticed or recognized. I'm sick to death of this celebrity-worship culture. Dont worry, someone better than Ed and MJ will come along. It's the way of the world. :D
weehawk

Postby sunsetkidd » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 pm

weehawk wrote: Good people, doing good things die everyday and they are not noticed or recognized.

I would disagree; they often are noticed by the people to whom it matters most, even if not by the general populace IMO.
I do agree with the the sentiments about 'celebrity worship', but if you feel like getting down on all celebrities, I would at least not put Ed McMahon in the same category as Michael Jackson in the hate department.
Last edited by sunsetkidd on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:43 pm

But in thinking of the last few days, Ed McMahon, Farrah, and Michael Jackson (who was only 50!). I hope it's over for awhile.

Here it is again...things happening in 3's..how strange..I feel really bad for those kids.

PS..my quote function was giving me problems..I'm lame at this

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby LJH » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 pm

weehawk wrote:He was a child molester. No tears for pieces of crap like this. The world is a much better place without him and it's the best thing that could have happened to his poor kids.

Stop for a moment and think...what if he molested my kid?

Hmmmm, maybe, maybe not. IRRC, his accusers were fairly suspect, with gold-digging parents so who knows. The guy was so massively weird it's entirely possible he was innocent. If not, he's doing some major 'splaining right now and will get what he deserves.

I did like to watch him dance, but was never much of a fan of his (or most anyone else's) pop music, but there's no denying he was one of the greats.

Bad week for entertainers, eh?
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby weehawk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm not hating on Ed. However, nothing grinds my gears more than someone who pi##es away their good fortune. That goes for lottery winners and folks like Ed. Can you imagine for a second having the money folks like Ed had and then just pi** it away? I cant. At my age, it would not be for me, but for my kids and grandkids. The greed and stupidity that runs through the world is just mind-boggling.

MJ was no different. He had it all and let it all go. Probably due to mental illness. That's not my beef with him. We could get into a big thing about how poorly this country treats the mentally ill. I guess the line is drawn when kids are hurt. Talented? Yes. Troubled? Yes. Perverted and degenerated? Yes.

There's a lot of pain in this country right now. Bush and company started it and Obama is continuing it. The idea that MJs death is anything more than a passing interest is ludicrous. He'll be rightfully forgotten by next week. My concern (and everyone else's) should be holding onto a decent job and keeping a roof over their families heads. Kind of outweighs MJs (or any other pop star's) death, doesn't it?
weehawk

Postby Dar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 pm

so sad,i loved his music..... :(
Dar

Postby randall » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:24 pm

Celebrity worship in this world is totally crazy

And that's why we are Poconuts
randall

Postby weehawk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:39 pm

This one made me laugh hard. I remember seeing the boys at The Catalyst in Santa Cruz in the early 90s. We're all standing around the bar about 2 hours before the show and in comes the band to get something to eat. The Catalyst has a cafeteria-like setup and there was the band standing in line waiting for their food. I yell out..."hey Rusty." He turns, smiles, and waves. Hardly a diva-like celeb. Just a hard workin guy doin what he loves. To top it off, at the end of the show, the guys broke down their own stage. No roadies for these studs. ;)

Poco then and now is the antithesis of modern day celebrity behavior. All I ask is that we get them down to Raleigh.

randall wrote:
Celebrity worship in this world is totally crazy

And that's why we are Poconuts
weehawk

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Maybe Paul McCartney can get his songs back now.

Dr. Galvin
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby studiogirl » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:16 pm

DrMichaelGalvin wrote:Maybe Paul McCartney can get his songs back now.

Dr. Galvin

Exactly what I thought...well, I thought "Beatles" (living and heirs) -- Yoko (let's skip everyone's opinion about her), Julian and Sean; Olivia and Dhani...

We'll never know about MJ and what he did or didn't do with the kids, but he was not convicted, and our bespectacled turnip of a DA clearly was gunning for him during those trials. The first time out, I figured it was at least a 50-50 possibility, but the second time around, everyone around here knew that the DA was looking for something other than justice.

The only songs I ever liked by him were when he was in the Jackson 5..."I Want You Back" (I feel justified in liking that because even Graham Parker recorded it) and in his solo career, "Billie Jean" -- even liked the video. But that's about it.

One interesting thing in all the media frenzy, so many mentions of Elvis, Marilyn...enormous stars with great influence who died young, I never heard a single mention of John Lennon who died at 40, TEN years younger. Or George Harrsion who was only 58, a mere 8 years older. I guess if you're murdered or die from cigarette smoking, you're not as important as self-destructive and suicidal stars.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion