Baseball

Discuss the band.

Baseball

Postby TonyNYC » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:51 am

I guess somebody has to start talking baseball and I'll be happy to report that I had a great time watching the Yankees kick the Mets butts last night even if I probably saw the worst 3 error inning I've ever witnessed with Wright and Cora throwing the ball a mile wide and Evans dropping an easy two hopper at first base and giving the Yankees 4 runs....

And the day before I saw Santana and Carpenter duel with the Mets, unfortunately, coming out on top 3-2. I don't know, but what happened to all of those good hitters the cardinals supposedly had?
TonyNYC

Re: Baseball

Postby Cardinals » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:00 am

Tony,
There's a baseball thread in the Politics and current events group.
I was wondering why you haven't posted.

john
“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” Ronald Reagan called those “the nine most terrifying words in the English language” -- and with good reason.
Cardinals

Postby TonyNYC » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:03 am

Thanks for the heads up, John.
TonyNYC

Postby musicclown » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Are the rumours true that Milton Bradley is going to the Yankees? It seems the Yankees need team chemistry and Bradley is the man for that job! :lol:
musicclown

Postby TonyNYC » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:43 pm

I don't see anything wrong with the Yankees' team chemistry these days and I see no need for Milton Bradley and I never heard that rumor. I think the Yanks will be fine. Their only problem is that teh Red Sox may have a little better team.
TonyNYC

Postby panama1955nh » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:00 pm

TonyNYC wrote:the Yanks only problem is that teh Red Sox may have a little better team.

We certainly seem to have better pitching and a stronger bullpen overall.
Nuthin' like the Sox-Yankees rivalry!

panama in NH
"I've got a good reason for loving you..."
panama1955nh

Postby TonyNYC » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:38 pm

panama1955nh wrote:
TonyNYC wrote:the Yanks only problem is that teh Red Sox may have a little better team.

We certainly seem to have better pitching and a stronger bullpen overall.
Nuthin' like the Sox-Yankees rivalry!

panama in NH

We probably should follow the rules and move this over to the baseball thread under the political stream, but I didn't realize you were a hated Red Sox fan Panama. It is especially hurtful since I think you look a little like Goose Gossage in your photo...

It's a long year and I am hopeful that Wang-no laughing Charlie-will get back his form and we'll be able to match your starting pitchers.
TonyNYC

Postby musicclown » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Tony the Milton Bradley reference was a joke, just razzing you. Bradley and Pinella verbally went at it in the dugout of Friday's game. Pinella sent him home. Bradley is such a bad seed.

Boston is so deep in pitching. Also there farm system is stocked.
musicclown

Return to Poco Discussion