Poconut Project- JULY What should we do?

Discuss the band.

Re: Poconut Project- JULY What should we do?

Postby MartinG » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:07 pm

severalpieces wrote:
Perhaps I shall make my own little acapella version and post it! Can't play guitar, or piano, or anything, but, my sense of self and humor tells me that singing is the best thing I can do muscially, besides basic appreciation !!
Stay posted... I may just do this !! :oops: :lol: :D
Bev!

Hope it's as good as your version of Keep On Tryin - and stays posted for longer !
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby Bonnie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:14 am

I found chords to Anyway Bye Bye on Ultimate guitar website, and I started working on it. It has it as in the key of F#, and I was having a hard time figuring out some of the chords that go with it, and then remembering them when they come up in the song. So I transposed it to F and use a capo and it works with the recorded version. It seems there are some omissions, and the placement of the chord changes isn't always clear, or correct, but that gets worked out by playing it along with the cd. I'm working on it, and maybe some day I will be able to play through it. Singing along with it isn't too bad for me, until I get to the "I've got to clear my head..." part.
Let your thoughts be kind...Have a little peace of mind.
Bonnie

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Bonnie,
If it's any help, the song is really in G. It's easier to play that way. I don't have the time to transpose all the chords for you but wherever there is a F# just change it to a G. All the other chords just raise them one step and the song is much more enjoyable to play. I just got back from a weekend away and I don't have the brain power to do the tansposing right now. Two nights in a row playing music with some great people in New Hampshire has worn me out.

Hope this is helpful.
Alex
AlexInRI

Postby Bogeyfire » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:30 am

I finally got around to recording "Bad Weather". Its totally the wrong key for me! (Of course, everything is the wrong key for me!) Anyway, I'm an octave below Paul. No surprise.

Its funny, I've been playing this song for a couple of years now. I love to play it. I'm not so sure I'm wild about listening to myself after the fact, though. And, as per usual, it is nothing like the original. I've been playing it my way for so long that I can't seem to bring myself to try and learn it the right way.

I'll be out all of Thursday, so hopefully Friday night I can put together the audio with the video and post it to YouTube.

I had hoped to do Paul's, "Do What You Do" for July as well. I guess it will have to wait a week or so. And yes, I play that one my way too! Apparently, I'm predictably unorthodox.
:mrgreen:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby keefsdad99 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Bogeyfire wrote:I finally got around to recording "Bad Weather". Its totally the wrong key for me! (Of course, everything is the wrong key for me!) Anyway, I'm an octave below Paul. No surprise.

Its funny, I've been playing this song for a couple of years now. I love to play it. I'm not so sure I'm wild about listening to myself after the fact, though. And, as per usual, it is nothing like the original. I've been playing it my way for so long that I can't seem to bring myself to try and learn it the right way.

I'll be out all of Thursday, so hopefully Friday night I can put together the audio with the video and post it to YouTube.

I had hoped to do Paul's, "Do What You Do" for July as well. I guess it will have to wait a week or so. And yes, I play that one my way too! Apparently, I'm predictably unorthodox.

Hi Mark;
I tried to reply to your PM today but I'm not sure if it worked...
If not, thanks for your message, I have been busy working on my new Guitar lessons/repair/demo recording home business, and a new acoustic duo project with a singer I found about a month ago. I will try to post a couple of Mp3's here, if I can.
Thanks again, Jeff
keefsdad99

Postby Bogeyfire » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:49 am

Jeff,

I was in the same boat as you! I tried sending you a message, and it was just sitting in my "outbox". It never said, "sent".

Anyway, it appears you got my message, and yes, I got yours! Good luck on your new endeavors. Just keep on kicking and keep on learning. I think that is how most of survive.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby keefsdad99 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Bogeyfire wrote:Jeff,

I was in the same boat as you! I tried sending you a message, and it was just sitting in my "outbox". It never said, "sent".

Anyway, it appears you got my message, and yes, I got yours! Good luck on your new endeavors. Just keep on kicking and keep on learning. I think that is how most of survive.

I think you're right, Mark
I'm loving the work, I just have to get more and get the $ coming in :)
keefsdad99

Postby greggroyce » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 am

Hope all is well ..
I really enjoy listening to everyones versions of their favorite songs from Poco.
:)
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

Postby AlexInRI » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm working on Bad Weather but for once this summer we're getting good weather so I haven't had the time to start recording. I have been playing it quite a bit though and I'm getting comfortable and I think I'm at the point where I'm no longing imitating Paul (me imitating Paul would be as painful to listen to as the replacement for Jimmy M.) :lol:
AlexInRI

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion