Poconut Project- JULY What should we do?

Discuss the band.

Re: Poconut Project- JULY What should we do?

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:18 pm

ignore this... This post is to erase a duplicate post. I'm not sure how that happened!
:?:
Last edited by Bogeyfire on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Bogeyfire wrote:
Bonnie wrote:... Your singing sounds strong, and the balance between vocal and guitar is good. When I sing and play together, you can barely hear my singing (as it should be, at this point). But anyway, I have some theories about that. Did you use an extra mic or track for vocals?

Hi Bonnie,

Two tips I have heard about recording directly to your camcorder are:

1. Bring the camera in close. The internal mic works better close up.
2. Better yet, do as you suggested. Use an external mic. If you have it on a stand, you can raise it, or point it to balance the vocal vs. guitar. That is how I did my first recording for YouTube. I did add a track of bass on this song, but the guitar and vocal are recorded by one mic. It was enhanced to the best of my abilities on the computer, so its a little unfair to suggest that recording straight to the camcorder would be the same, but still... with one mic, vocal and guitar sounds much better because you can place it for best balance. Not to mention, a "real" mic is going to be tons better than an internal camcorder mic. If you have a mic with a 1/4 jack, I think any Radio Shack can provide you with a 1/8 adapter to plug into your camcorder.

One mic setup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLzH7UDe ... annel_page

My advise, lame as it may be, is that if you make the recording quality as good as you can, you will feel much better about the presentation, regardless of any of the personal shortcomings that we all feel. When you feel better about the sound quality, you will feel better about taking on the next project and the next, and so on and so fourth!
:D
Bogeyfire

Postby greggroyce » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 am

Well I finally got a (half-fast) version of "Badweather" posted. It's still a work in progress
but I will add the rest of the parts over the next couple of days.

At least I'm on track with my 12 step program dealing with "Procrastination" LOL!!

btw..I'm not much good at the video thing, so I just added some pics of my recent trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0EilxO-uLA
Last edited by greggroyce on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

Postby Bogeyfire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:58 am

greggroyce wrote:Well I finally got a (half-fast) version of "Badweather" posted. It's still a work in progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-VarHSvhds

Gregg, you slayed it, Dude! You have the perfect "Bad Weather" voice. No kidding. You really spoke to me on that one. Its your song.

I'll try and post one of my rough and simplistic versions later this month. No key changes yet. I'm not ready to jump through any hoops. I just want to slide in my comfort zone. But listening to that really lets me know, I'm not finished learning anything!
:D
Bogeyfire

Postby randall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:27 am

Great Job Gregg. You really nailed the lead.
randall

Postby AlexInRI » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Excellent job Gregg. You play and sing so well. I'm going to check my computer at home because on my work computer I had a hard time hearing it. I'll start working on this song next. Maybe for August. I'm going to a "hoedown" this weekend and I plan on playing as many Poco songs as they'll allow. Maybe I'll mix this one in.
AlexInRI

Postby severalpieces » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 pm

greggroyce wrote:Well I finally got a (half-fast) version of "Badweather" posted. It's still a work in progress
but I will add the rest of the parts over the next couple of days.

At least I'm on track with my 12 step program dealing with "Procrastination" LOL!!

btw..I'm not much good at the video thing, so I just added some pics of my recent trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-VarHSvhds

Extra applause for that, Gregg!!! I really enjoyed singing harmony with you !!!! You are spot on!!

Perhaps I shall make my own little acapella version and post it! Can't play guitar, or piano, or anything, but, my sense of self and humor tells me that singing is the best thing I can do muscially, besides basic appreciation !!
Stay posted... I may just do this !! :oops: :lol: :D
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby Bonnie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Way to go, Gregg!! That was great. I really enjoyed it. This is one of my favorite Poco songs.

Bev, go for it! I am looking forward to it.
Let your thoughts be kind...Have a little peace of mind.
Bonnie

Postby greggroyce » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks! everyone. I'm still working on adding harmony parts and some other instrumental solos but I thought I'd post what I had so far.
The Youtube audio was kinda "harsh" so I uploaded it with a different audio format. I'm still trying to figure out the whole wmv.
thing. The link has changed, heres the new one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0EilxO-uLA
"What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Hey, looks good on you though."
greggroyce

Postby greggroyce » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:50 pm

keefsdad99 wrote:Bump-let's Keep on Tryin" :D

Hope all is well Jeff. Miss your posts on this thread and your great music also.
greggroyce

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion