Jesse Furay Lynch!!

Discuss the band.

Re: Jesse Furay Lynch!!

Postby waldo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:32 pm

This is great news.
waldo

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:02 am

Well, this is very welcome news. I've been hoping for a solo effort by Jesse since seeing the Richie Furay dvd last year. Looking forward to the release.

Dr. Galvin
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby MsUp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:06 am

Looking back to Wildwood, in May of this year, Jessie sang 'Hard Country' with Jack and the crowd just loved it.
MsUp

Postby MartinG » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 am

DrMichaelGalvin wrote:Well, this is very welcome news. I've been hoping for a solo effort by Jesse since seeing the Richie Furay dvd last year. Looking forward to the release.

Dr. Galvin

What Richie Furay DVD ? Do you mean the "Alive" double CD ? :?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby Lonesomedave » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:54 pm

She should have no trouble breaking out on her own but her voice is a nice addition to anything her dad does so I'm guessing she'll be as busy as she wants to be.

Her solo's on Richie's CD were good but her background harmonies were excellent.
It took my half-deaf ears a bit to catch her additions, but once I could hear her, I was impressed.

Good Luck!
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby svin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Nice to hear about this.
Let's hope the sessions go well.
Courage Wolf sez...
svin

Postby cottonfan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Will be looking for more news on this after the songs are done - great news and she will do a really good version of Hard Country (any chance for a duet with Jack?)...best to all - just got onto new site.
cottonfan

Postby wheland » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:29 am

Here's the latest post by richie about this project-

"Re: Jesse Lynch
by Richie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:23 pm

It was a long day at the studio but we have come away with some awesome tracks. We'll be recording again tomorrow (overdubs) and then bring it back home to Colorado to sort out the "information". We experimented with some different ideas and direction for each song and we got more "information" than we needed - but that's recording and when you have the talent of the musicians we did for a day, you want to get all you can and "sort it out" later. (By "information" I mean multiple takes of various instruments on a particular song.)

Jesse had a great time and it's gonna be fun to see what we come up with for her first recording project. We recorded six songs today (two / three hour sessions); I wish we could have gotten more but the guys really gave us their all and it's all we had budgeted for. I know Jesse and I are excited for you to hear the finished product - be patience it's gonna take a little while to get our schedules together to finish it but just think - there's gonna be some more new music for you real soon.

Well, I'm pretty tired so I'm gonna turn in - it's gonna be another big day tomorrow."
wheland

Postby kroney » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:44 am

Thanks for keeping us updated on this Dennis...I don't get over to Richie's site as often as I'd like.....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby Lonesomedave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:00 am

Cheers for that, Dennis.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion