Woodstock 40th Anniversary Relaease

Discuss the band.

Woodstock 40th Anniversary Relaease

Postby wheland » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 am

Just finished watching the last- and 5th DVd- of the 40th Anniversary Director's cut combined Amazon / Target edition of Woodstock.

Some interesting features but some were too duplicative and not expansive enough. Definitely not enough of the nude swimming & sun bathing :-) The added music was mostly top notch, though. Looking forward to the cds coming out with even more since more was audio recorded than there was film of performances.

It's wierd that I read that Ten years After wouldn't let their performance be used but two of the members are all over the place in the added features.

I'm a bit perturbed that you had to buy 2 different special editions- Amazon & Target to get all the added stuff- some performances and some features. I'm not complaining too much though- I sold both of them for just about what I paid for them . I don't need no stinking tambourine. :D

Dennis
wheland

Re: Woodstock 40th Anniversary Relaease

Postby Dar » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 am

8-)sounds great! wow,that does suck about the 2 different editions:(
Dar

Postby swandy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Yeah Dennis. I want the BluRay version (was hoping that my son who works for Warner Music could get it cheaper but its a Warner VIDEO release - darn) but waiting to see a sale price.
I have gotten all the previous CD versions (including the 25 Anniversary Box set) and was about to ask Adam to get me the recently released remastered versions of the original two CD sets BUT someone here posted that there would be a more extensive box set over the summer. Adam sent me a spreadsheet of the upcoming Rhino releases through the next fiscal year and LOW AND BEHOLD there it was. Forget the exact date but sometime this summer. (No Poco releases, but some interesting Stephen Stills stuff there.)
Steve
swandy

Postby wheland » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:49 pm

swandy wrote:Yeah Dennis. I want the BluRay version (was hoping that my son who works for Warner Music could get it cheaper but its a Warner VIDEO release - darn) but waiting to see a sale price.
I have gotten all the previous CD versions (including the 25 Anniversary Box set) and was about to ask Adam to get me the recently released remastered versions of the original two CD sets BUT someone here posted that there would be a more extensive box set over the summer. Adam sent me a spreadsheet of the upcoming Rhino releases through the next fiscal year and LOW AND BEHOLD there it was. Forget the exact date but sometime this summer. (No Poco releases, but some interesting Stephen Stills stuff there.)
Steve

Steve,

The 6 cd set in a chronilogical order as to how the acts performed is due out on 8-18. Available for pre-order at Amazon or Deep discount for about $ 68.

There is a 10 cd set coming out this week on Legacy Records that pairs up an acts current (1969) album with the full set they did at Woodstock which means anything from 1 to 10 unreleased tracks by the group.

The five acts included are-

Santana
Jefferson airplane
Johnny Winter
Janis Joplin
Sly & the Family Stone

It can be had for about $65 on Deep dicount and about $75 on Amazon.

Dennis
wheland

Postby Lonesomedave » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:56 pm

I'd have to pass without the TYA set. Between The Who and Santana, they added much of the excitement to the original film.
Seeing them live not long after only made me a bigger fan. Alvin Lee is still making music but who could ever forget, "The Watermelon"?
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Return to Poco Discussion