Helping fund the new POCO CD

Messages directly from the band.

Helping fund the new POCO CD

Postby mary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:40 am

Rusty said he’s going to post another journal entree or a ‘message from the band’ about this, but I’m a little too excited to wait, so here’s the heads up:
The band has been getting a number of messages from fans showing interest in helping fund or contribute money to the new POCO CD project; and we all totally appreciate your generosity! So here’s a win-win way of how you can support the mission.
First, I got the OK from management to put the 3 missing CD’s back up on the web store—I’m referring to RUNNING HORSE, WILDWOOD, and BAREBACK.
If you had purchased a POCO item from the web store in recent months you may have received a bonus unpackaged RH CD. Some people ask, “Why don’t you package them and sell them?” Well, the answer is because we already have about 10,000 copies of the finished product of RH. In addition, we have tons of unpackaged copies without the artwork or any info about the CD. I made some nice postcards that list the songs and artists. So, here’s the deal, it seems that just about everyone who wanted to buy RH probably already has, so they will be on the store for a very low price of only $5.00, at least that can cover the cost. We also have a huge supply in stock of Bareback and pretty many Wildwood Sessions, so they will be marked down to a value price of $10.
*PC will continue to receive 20% of sales on RH BB & WW CD’s.
Now for the big news on how you can help –to all of you who are anxious to hear a new studio recording of POCO’s current lineup. At their meeting; all of the guys including management, have agreed to forfeit their merchandise distribution checks this Christmas to fund the recording expenses. They are going to meet up in Nashville which will require travel and living expenses for Rusty and George, and then there are all the production costs that I don’t know enough about to comment at this time.
SO, that’s how all of you can assist. All of the profits from any merchandise sales on this website or at the upcoming shows will go toward the new recording project! Maybe it’s time for a POCO Christmas list! If you would like to order a special color of a T-shirt, just send a note through pocomerch@gmail.com
The way that works is you would just go through the steps on the web store to purchase a $20.00 T-shirt and in the place where you can write a note to the seller, just tell me what color of shirt you want. Also, remember that you can design a special order sweatshirt or hoodie as well. In the hat department we have 3 colors in the horseshoe and I think 6 colors in the horse to choose from and knit beanies and headbands too! Please feel free to post any suggestions for POCO gear that you’d like to see up on the store.
Well, I hope to get very busy packaging up scores of new orders soon. The sooner we build up the ante, the sooner that new CD will be available to you!
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Re: Helping fund the new POCO CD

Postby mary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

BTW, please feel free to post replies to this announcement!
Thank you
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby LynneR » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 am

Mary,
Do you sell any kid sizes? There are many parents & grandparents out there....Holidays are coming! You could take a vote to see if it is worth your while to have a few t-shirts for the next generation of fans! Well, at least I know my kid loves the band & would wear one!
:-)
LynneR

Postby mary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:44 am

hey Lynn, that's a great idea. I'll put that up on the web store right away.
Thanks! Keep ther suggestions coming.
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby wini » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Yep, kids t-shirts would sell easily with the Horse on ...
wini

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Great idea...it's never too early fro me to "post" my Christmas list on my refrig at home!
Annie

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby TonySTL » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Kids sizes is a great idea...at least I know I can check off a few items.

Maybe a George Lawrence rawhide chew for the PocoMutts out there! =)

Any thoughts on another Poco Pin? Dr. Al?
TonySTL

Postby cimarron » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi Mary,

Great idea about the shirts for children. Baby sizes please and maybe a bib.

Linda
cimarron

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Hey, Mary, part of the issue on a project like this is "cash flow". I would be very agreeable to sending, say, $25 now for a first day of release, signed by all the bandmembers copy of "Poco 2011" to be shipped to me upon its release.

Just a thought...
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby mary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:58 pm

OK, keep the ideas coming!
I just put pictures of the new POCO items up on the store.
AND to mark the occasion of this fund raiser--a newly designed woman's shirt.
It will be a white 100% cotton woman's cut T-shirt with the color photo of the band and the caption reading:
"The Band Has My Support"
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Next

Return to Messages from Poco