Helping fund the new POCO CD

Messages directly from the band.

Re: Helping fund the new POCO CD

Postby mary » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:06 am

The kids' shirts will appear as their own separate item with photo.
Rusty is reading all the ideas and suggestions, so if there is anything that he wishes to implement, I’ll post it. Just keep thinkin’. . . and visiting the POCO store!
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby robc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 am

To help promote poconut.org and the Store, I have the links to both on all my personal email signatures (among some other of my favorites). Perhaps, once Rusty and the guys get all the ideas together, this is something everyone can do.
robc

Postby Patm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 pm

This is great news!

Completely unexpected which makes it even better.
"Don't Stop The Carnival." (You've got to play by Kinja rules.)
Patm

Postby Dar » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:40 pm

8-) good luck
Dar

Postby TontodePoco » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:46 pm

How about this....
Why not let the "musicians" among fans pay to take part in the recording. I would love to sit in with Rusty, Jack, George, and Michael. Not to mention to have them record one of my songs...
A bit more seriously, perhaps: I know some artists, like Springsteen, are recording more or less every show they do, through the mixing board. Maybe Poco could do the same, and then sell songs in MP3s through this web-page. Sort of "unofficially" recordings exclusivly for the fans, for the amount of, say... 2 dollar per song. It`s more than what you pay at iTunes, but I know I, for one, gladly would pay to get some fresh recordings. It probably wouldn`t completely pay for the new record, but it could help. Could demand some work to get it done, though...
Now, for the title of the new cd: How about "No more Cotton-pickin`"? Or "Back on the Rusty track"? Or "Pickin` Up the Pieces"? Wait,... haven`t I heard that before, somewhere....?

Torstein ;)
TontodePoco

Postby mary » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Alright...all the working poconuts...where's your orders?! Don't let this be like american idol & dancing with the stars. . .thinking everybody else will vote . . .or everybody else will shop the poco store. We only got one order(a big one though) since we started this fund raiser!
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby kroney » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Here are some of the things Radney has been doing .....

Store: Experiences
Music | Gear | Experiences | Clearance

VIP Pass. A special VIP pass which contains a USB hard drive with 18 songs, including all of the new CD, the bonus EP, plus the Revival documentary. VIP pass will give wearer access to pre-show meet and greets with Radney on the Revival tour.**

Price: $49.95
Buy Now

Private Songwriting Session. One half day private songwriting mentoring session with Radney, in Austin or in Nashville. This opportunity is limited to 4 participants per city, so please contact info@radneyfoster.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it for more information. Session participants will also receive an autographed copy of Revival. $1,500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A house concert for up to 30 guests. Radney will play a private show in your living room or back yard. Hosts will receive two VIP passes as described above. Contact info@radneyfoster.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it for details. ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private concert and gourmet dinner for 8 including wine. Radney will prepare a gourmet meal, and play a private concert for guests at your location. Hosts will also receive two VIP passes as described above and each guest will receive an autographed copy of Revival. Click here for a video sample. Contact info@radneyfoster.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it for details ****

Your idea here! If you want Radney to be your fishing guide, or come to your location for a mentoring session, let’s talk. Please e-mail info@radneyfoster.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with your ideas.

The fine print:

**Radney will make every effort to conduct a pre-show meet and greet with VIP passholders. In the event such a gathering is not possible, whether due to weather, health or venue constraints, no refunds will be given. Most of the time, though, Radney will make sure he gets out to see you.

***How you structure the house concert is up to you. Some fans shoulder all the expense and invite guests, some pool money amongst friends, and others book the concert and charge admission. Hosts will be responsible for Radney’s travel expenses and accommodations.

****Radney will contact you prior to the event to get your food preferences/dietary restrictions. He will provide food and wine; you provide the kitchen and the guests. Hosts will be responsible for Radney’s travel expenses and accommodations.
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby kroney » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 pm

mary wrote:Alright...all the working poconuts...where's your orders?! Don't let this be like american idol & dancing with the stars. . .thinking everybody else will vote . . .or everybody else will shop the poco store. We only got one order(a big one though) since we started this fund raiser!

You're wish is my command .........(not the big order you refer to)....but every bit helps.....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby wini » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 am

mary wrote:Alright...all the working poconuts...where's your orders?! Don't let this be like american idol & dancing with the stars. . .thinking everybody else will vote . . .or everybody else will shop the poco store. We only got one order(a big one though) since we started this fund raiser!

As soon as there's kids T-shirts, I'll place mine (need the Michael Webb CD anyway). How about a Legend like T-shirt in black with a golden horse?
wini

Postby mary » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:52 am

OK, i'm working on the kids' shirts today; about the gold horse...that might not be a bad idea; i'll get back to you on that one.
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

PreviousNext

Return to Messages from Poco