Helping fund the new POCO CD

Messages directly from the band.

Re: Helping fund the new POCO CD

Postby harryhtehog » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:02 am

As RedRiver patrol said, I would happily give a donation towards the production of a new CD.

Recently English prog band, Camel asked their fans to help fund their new DVD as follows:

$30 gets you the DVD and acknowledgement in the newletter.

$40 gets you listed in the DVD credits and your copy signed by the band.

So, while it's not original, it has merit and I think an excellent way of keeping bands "afloat", to coin a phrase.

Wasn't it the Ozark Mountain Daredevils who said: "Makin' a livin', not a killing"?
harryhtehog

Postby mikec » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:33 pm

I would like to thank the band for a great show at Infinity Hall. I read a lot of the posts here and I agree with a pre buy list charged when shipped. I would also love to see DVD's come out from shows that we all go to. I love getting audio or DVD's of shows I have been to. I think the soundboard recordings is another great idea.I hope some of these ideas will help the new CD come along sooner. I couldn't wait to get Running Horse when it first came out and I cant wait for the new CD to come out.
mikec

Postby Tabasco » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:00 pm

mikec wrote:I couldn't wait to get Running Horse when it first came out and I cant wait for the new CD to come out.

+1
Tabasco

Postby wini » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 am

Hi Mary,

is there any chance to have the "Coffee Mug Horse" (Legend) also in black with a red or white horse on it (or yellow, turquoise, whatever color ...)?

My relatives need Christmas presents ...
wini

Postby mary » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks poconuts and other people too. the merch sales have been very good lately, and the band truly appreciates your support. rusty plans to get a new journal post up very soon.
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby wheland » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:40 am

Mary,

We're happy to be of some small assistance.

Enjoyed the lastest Journal post by Rusty- tell him to keep them coming and make it more often if possible.

Dennis
wheland

Postby kroney » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Probably too late to institute for Christmas shopping but .......Have you ever considered offering the option of buying Gift Certificates in the Poco Store?
I saw that Robert Earl Keen does that on his merchandise secion of his web site.....

Just an idea....

Kev
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby Brentwood Buckaroo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I just placed an order.

Still thinking up funding options --

A couple of ideas --

1) Pre-sell signed and numbered copies of the new CD. I'd pay at least $200 for number one. Better yet - put the first 25 up for bid with a minimum price. Maybe throw in a kicker with a Banner of the new album cover.

2) For anyone making a contribution over a certain amount (contribution, not buy the CD), give a certificate acknowledging the individual as a " Co-Producer" of the album (in honorary name only - no rights or other benefits other than seeing another great POCO album) . That certificate would look cool in my guitar room. For a signficant contributor, add their name in the liner notes of the CD( you decide what level is significant).

Just trying to think of ways to get us that new CD !!!!!
Brentwood Buckaroo

Previous

Return to Messages from Poco