POCO Nostalgia

Forum to upload all of your Poco related images! Upload images as attachments or display them in your posts. Images must be in either .jpg or .gif format.

POCO Nostalgia

Postby Bill » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:45 am

While I was cleaning out my garage this past weekend, I came upon a box with no label. As I started to go through it I recognized my old high school stuff, pictures, newspapers, all sort of stuff. At the bottom of the box I noticed a piece of paper, roughly 5” x 5” square. As I unfolded the paper I couldn’t believe what I was staring at. It was a small poster of the very first concert I ever attend. It was POCO and Shawn Phillips at the Boston Commons, Tuesday, August 31st. But what year? I had to look that up on line. The year 1974. This small poster is in excellent shape and sure did bring back memories.

I attached the picture. Thanks for reading. I hope this message brings back memories of your first POCO concert.

Bill
Attachments
Picture 016.jpg
Picture 016.jpg (200.18 KiB) Viewed 6529 times
Bill

Re: POCO Nostalgia

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:08 am

Very cool...kinda like when I found a "Head over Heels" full page ad from Rolling Stone that I had tucked away...found it just last year when going through a bunch of my stuff !

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby MsUp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:01 am

I think I remember seeing you there, Bill.
MsUp

Postby jk222 » Sat May 21, 2011 1:28 pm

According to the Poco Concert Database, the Concert on Boston Common w/Shawn Phillips was in 1971, not 1974. That is consistent with the actual calendar for 1971, when August 31st fell on a Tuesday. The newspaper ad isn't dated, so until there is documentation to the contrary, I think this show is from 1971. That's my recollection as well.
jk222

Return to Images