Live Music To Go - a cool business idea

Discuss the band.

Live Music To Go - a cool business idea

Postby wini » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:07 am

Is this the right forum or should it go under "current events"? Or should there be a "General Music Discussion" thing if it's not completely Poco related? Anyway, here goes:

I came across a German site that belongs to a company which does the following:

They record live shows with their mobile "studio" (well, sort of, I guess it's just a plain soundboard plugin thing) and sell the music directly after the show to concertgoers as USB sticks to take home (for about $28), or to people like me who couldn't manage to go but want to hear the music anyway. They offer MP3s (bitrate 320) for like $18 for a whole show. I just got myself last night's Foreigner show (100 minutes) this way. (Got to admit: The new singer sounds just like Lou Gramm in his better days).

Rusty, are you reading this?
wini

Re: Live Music To Go - a cool business idea

Postby bassman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:38 am

Crosby Nash were doing this for their fall concerts last year. I picked up the whole show on a USB. What a great way to market and way better than a tee shirt.
bassman

Postby musicclown » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:00 pm

There is a company that makes concerts cds available after the show. Some are sold online by Live Nation/Instant Live. Here's the link.

http://www.store.livenation.com/Store.a ... _16771_858
musicclown

Postby mikec » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:38 am

I think this idea is very cool as well. I went to see The Allman Bros. at The Dodge a few years ago and they had instant gratification. I bought a 3cd set from the show I had just seen. That is the only time I have ever seen it. Surprising because they were selling hundreds of them.
mikec

Return to Poco Discussion