Stagecoach Videos

Discuss the band.

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby MsUp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:34 pm

petervanleeuwen wrote:I uploaded Honky Tonk Downstairs from the rehearsal at the Maverick Saloon in Santa Inez. What a special show that was. I had just landed in LAX after a long flight from Curaçao, driven a couple of hours along the coast, and just walked into that small saloon in Santa Inez that wednesday afternoon, april 22nd to find Poco rehearsing Keep on Tryin'. Yes, after 32 years, Timothy B. Schmit was on stage again that night with Poco for a very exciting show for a very small intimate crowd. I shot video with my photocamera, and I am glad I did. Enjoy! I might upload another song from that memorable evening.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYMeTfbdj0

Thanks, Peter (you are the bomb, man).
I still have a hard time watching the YouTube videos from The Stagecoach (I just break down, and can't figure out why it continues to move me so).
God I love those boyz !
I heard a rumor that you may get to Wildwood in ROCtober, YIPPY !!!!
XO
sockless Claudia (aha MsUp)
MsUp

Postby LJH » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:28 pm

MsUp wrote: I still have a hard time watching the YouTube videos from The Stagecoach (I just break down, and can't figure out why it continues to move me so).
God I love those boyz !

You're not the only one, I have to watch them when I'm alone because otherwise I embarass myself. It was magic, pure & simple.
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby MsUp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:47 am

LJH wrote:
MsUp wrote: I still have a hard time watching the YouTube videos from The Stagecoach (I just break down, and can't figure out why it continues to move me so).
God I love those boyz !

You're not the only one, I have to watch them when I'm alone because otherwise I embarass myself. It was magic, pure & simple.
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 am

LJH wrote:
God I love those boyz !

:cry: :D :lol: :oops: :roll: :o ...Thanks for that LJH, I sometimes think I'm the only one, with emotions flipping from sheer joy & laughter, to tears, and then back again. Guess it was such a long time over due, and seeing George Grantham come back to the stage again, with Poco (Rusty, Paul, Jack & George L), Richie, Jim and that beautiful Tim (and how he watched out for his brother). It was a great day for me personally, but it was a greater day for serious music lovers with ears that hear & eyes that see.
Thanks again to all the above members of Poco, for making it happen, and to The Stagecoach for realizing the importance of this moment.
MsUp

Postby kroney » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 am

MsUp wrote:
LJH wrote:
God I love those boyz !

:cry: :D :lol: :oops: :roll: :o ...Thanks for that LJH, I sometimes think I'm the only one, with emotions flipping from sheer joy & laughter, to tears, and then back again. Guess it was such a long time over due, and seeing George Grantham come back to the stage again, with Poco (Rusty, Paul, Jack & George L), Richie, Jim and that beautiful Tim (and how he watched out for his brother). It was a great day for me personally, but it was a greater day for serious music lovers with ears that hear & eyes that see.
Thanks again to all the above members of Poco, for making it happen, and to The Stagecoach for realizing the importance of this moment.

You're not the only one Claudia (Ha!)...I have to conceal my emotions.. as for whatever reason it's just not acceptable for a man not to be able to control these things....I even cry watching chick flicks.... :oops: :oops:

My wife just doesn't get the whole Poco-Love thingy....Don't get me wrong, she is totally accepting of the fact that it is a big part of my life and my day to day thinking
but I'm not sure she really understands how I can be so emotionally attached...

I also found Tim's concern and attention to George very very touching and something that will never be forgotten....thanks to video I was able to experience it....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby LJH » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:40 am

MsUp wrote: Thanks for that LJH, I sometimes think I'm the only one, with emotions flipping from sheer joy & laughter, to tears, and then back again. Guess it was such a long time over due, and seeing George Grantham come back to the stage again, with Poco (Rusty, Paul, Jack & George L), Richie, Jim and that beautiful Tim (and how he watched out for his brother).

Y'know, I forget that I'm 'new' to this community in that I have only been able to register & participate since this site fired up (the old one would only allow me to lurk).Back in the day, I became a POCO fan because of Timothy. To paraphrase an Eagles tune: I heard 'that voice' and lost all control. Then I got a look at him and OMG, the rest is history.

I've always been more of a hard rocker than a soft rock or C&W fan, but because of TBS I started listening to POCO and learned to love and appreciate their sound. When he left I went from a casual Eagles fan to devoted, but by then I was also hopelessly hooked on POCO and welcomed Jack, and later George L into the family and kept on listening to and buying the music. I 'met' (the amazing) Gracie on a Yahoo group and for the longest time didn't make the connection to George; I'm a little slow sometimes ...... OK most of the time, and about fell off my chair when I realized she was his daughter.

So yeah, I love these guys too, past & present. I cried through every Stagecoach YouTube for the same reasons as you and believe me, we're in good company.
Jorja

LJH

Postby randall » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:09 am

Wow, You both have me crying now! :D
randall

Postby duffyb » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:56 pm

"CoolRockinPapi" has some nice HQ videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJftuDdK ... re=related
duffyb

Postby AlexInRI » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:20 pm

I've been holding off on this for a couple of reasons. The first was that the site was transitioning and I never knew when the old one would be off the air. The other was that I needed time to come up with a plan.

I recorded the entire Stagecoach concert in HD and I've created a video that works pretty seamlessly. I turned record off after every song (except for a couple where they ran the songs together) and when I edited it together it works really well.There are issues with the backlighting but I spent a lot of time focusing on George and when I did closeups the quality was fine. The audio is all pretty nice. No distortion and pretty clean.

Now, heres the real kicker, I also recorded a lot of the Maverick concert and some of the afternoon rehearsal. That video is awesome as the lighting was great. I've got them running through several songs with Tim in the afternoon. One of the "crew" saw me taping and nearly ran me out of the room. He was protecting Jimmy's interests as he had his own film crew there. That night I stated recording when Tim came onstage and I recorded a lot of that show. I kept expecting the "crew" guy to come over and hit me but he never did. I even got a great shot of Richie when he realized they were going to play On The Way Home for the encore. That was a total surprise to Richie and the video of that moment is priceless.

I've been planning to package this somehow as part of a George fundraiser. Dennis had the right idea when he asked people to donate as part of his very generous offer to duplicate the DVD he had. I've asked several Poconuts for suggestions but I'm leaning toward a general fundraiser with a goal in mind.

I'm open to ideas and I might be able to set this up as a download using a file share system such as Pando. But before I distribute it I'd like to meet the fundraising goal. As soon as I start sending it out these will start popping up on Youtube and then the incentive to donate to receive it will dissolve.

Ideas anyone?
AlexInRI

Postby LJH » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:44 pm

What if you established a shipping date, however far out you think would be reasonable, and collect orders up until that date? That would keep them off YouTube in the interim, and you could even bump the date if needed to each your fundraising goal.

After that there'd be no controlling it, but for me at least, seeing stuff on YouTube makes me want to buy the legit copy. Just a thought, surely better minds will have better ideas.

Of course I WANT MINE YESTERDAY!!!
Jorja

LJH

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion