billy mays-found dead in home

Discuss the band.

Re: billy mays-found dead in home

Postby studiogirl » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:40 pm

I had to Google this guy to find out who he was...I guess I don't watch enough TV. Willie Mays, I know; Billy Mays...I'm clueless. But that doesn't change the fact that it's too bad that he died. I'm sure the media will report the autopsy results when they're released. Wonder what will happen if it turns out the flying bits in the airplane contributed to or caused his death?
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby severalpieces » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:05 am

he could have used his sham wow to pick up the blood :o[/quote]

lol! :lol:
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby Lonesomedave » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:31 am

studiogirl wrote:I had to Google this guy to find out who he was.

I thought I was the only one.......

I don't watch TV at all, unless you count the DVD's I buy or football during the season.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby Lonesomedave » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:33 am

wheland wrote:Sky Saxon died as well this week- some would say he Pushed Too Hard.

Dennis

I hate that. The Seeds were one of my fave's in High School.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby jerzeypocofan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Pitchman Billy Mays Had Enlarged Heart
posted: 5 HOURS 51 MINUTES AGO Billy Mays had an enlarged heart and likely died over the weekend of a pulmonary embolism, or blocked artery, a medical examiner told reporters on Monday. There was no sign of head trauma. He was 50.
Dr. Vernard Adams told reporters that Mays' heart weighed 500 grams, or about 17.6 ounces. A typical male heart weighs about 10-12 ounces. The "heart disease that was found was certainly capable of causing the sudden death that he experienced."

There was no indication of drug abuse, prescription or otherwise. Further test need to be made and the official ruling of cause of death won't be available for several weeks, Adams said.
Mays told his wife, Deborah, he didn't feel well when he went to bed Saturday night. In the morning she found the booming-voiced OxiClean pitchman unconscious. Earlier in the day, he said he was hit on the head when the airplane he was riding in had a rough landing at Tampa Bay's airport.
However, doctors found no evidence of head trauma during the autopsy.
The airline, U.S. Airways, said no passengers reported any serious injuries, and Mays himself cheerfully recounted the landing for a local TV station. The bumpy landing occurred because the plane blew its front tires.
Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said linking Mays' death to the landing would "purely be speculation." She said Mays' family members didn't report any health issues with the pitchman, but said he was due to have hip replacement surgery in coming weeks.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Deborah Mays says in a statement.
Police do not suspect any foul play.
Born William Mays in McKees Rocks, Pa., on July 20, 1958, Mays developed his style demonstrating knives, mops and other "As Seen on TV" gadgets on Atlantic City's boardwalk. For years he worked as a hired gun on the state fair and home show circuits, attracting crowds with his booming voice and genial manner.
AJ Khubani, founder and CEO of "As Seen on TV," said he first met Mays in the early 1990s when Mays was still pitching one of his early products, the Shammy absorbent cloth, at a trade fair. He said he most recently worked with Mays on the reality TV show 'Pitchmen' on the Discovery Channel, which follows Mays and Anthony Sullivan in their marketing jobs.
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby studiogirl » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Lonesomedave wrote:I thought I was the only one.......

Whew...

So there are at least two of us (kinda makes me feel like that "Twilight Zone"...last person on earth story...)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Bogeyfire » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:23 am

My 12 year old son comes out and exclaimed, "Billy Mays is dead! Did he go Kaboom"?
(for those of you unfamiliar, he was the pitchman for the cleaning spray "Kaboom".)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvzgLXa ... r_embedded

Outtakes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrnVNZpn ... r_embedded
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Dar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm

jerzeypocofan wrote:Pitchman Billy Mays Had Enlarged Heart
posted: 5 HOURS 51 MINUTES AGO Billy Mays had an enlarged heart and likely died over the weekend of a pulmonary embolism, or blocked artery, a medical examiner told reporters on Monday. There was no sign of head trauma. He was 50.
Dr. Vernard Adams told reporters that Mays' heart weighed 500 grams, or about 17.6 ounces. A typical male heart weighs about 10-12 ounces. The "heart disease that was found was certainly capable of causing the sudden death that he experienced."

There was no indication of drug abuse, prescription or otherwise. Further test need to be made and the official ruling of cause of death won't be available for several weeks, Adams said.
Mays told his wife, Deborah, he didn't feel well when he went to bed Saturday night. In the morning she found the booming-voiced OxiClean pitchman unconscious. Earlier in the day, he said he was hit on the head when the airplane he was riding in had a rough landing at Tampa Bay's airport.
However, doctors found no evidence of head trauma during the autopsy.
The airline, U.S. Airways, said no passengers reported any serious injuries, and Mays himself cheerfully recounted the landing for a local TV station. The bumpy landing occurred because the plane blew its front tires.
Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said linking Mays' death to the landing would "purely be speculation." She said Mays' family members didn't report any health issues with the pitchman, but said he was due to have hip replacement surgery in coming weeks.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Deborah Mays says in a statement.
Police do not suspect any foul play.
Born William Mays in McKees Rocks, Pa., on July 20, 1958, Mays developed his style demonstrating knives, mops and other "As Seen on TV" gadgets on Atlantic City's boardwalk. For years he worked as a hired gun on the state fair and home show circuits, attracting crowds with his booming voice and genial manner.
AJ Khubani, founder and CEO of "As Seen on TV," said he first met Mays in the early 1990s when Mays was still pitching one of his early products, the Shammy absorbent cloth, at a trade fair. He said he most recently worked with Mays on the reality TV show 'Pitchmen' on the Discovery Channel, which follows Mays and Anthony Sullivan in their marketing jobs.

wow,thats scarey
Dar

Postby Dar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Bogeyfire wrote:My 12 year old son comes out and exclaimed, "Billy Mays is dead! Did he go Kaboom"?
(for those of you unfamiliar, he was the pitchman for the cleaning spray "Kaboom".)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvzgLXa ... r_embedded

Outtakes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrnVNZpn ... r_embedded
:D

:o
Dar

Postby Mystic » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:49 am

I've seen one of Billy's commercials played a couple times this morning on Weather Channel. I thought when a person died, his commercials weren't supposed to be used any more?
Mystic

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion