Jesse Furay Lynch!!

Discuss the band.

Re: Jesse Furay Lynch!!

Postby randall » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:22 am

Can't wait to hear the finished product. Thanks for the update Dennis.
randall

Postby wheland » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:18 am

Here's Richie's latest post-

Re: Jesse Lynch
by Richie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks to all of you who were keeping up with me and expecting updates on Facebook and Twitter. We're back in Colorado now. I didn't mean to leave anyone interested in the recordings hanging yesterday, but it got a little hectic after the session and I was too cheap to hook up to the Marriott's hi speed for another day; we were late and on the run. After recording we went out to hear the band Michael Rhodes plays with and it got late.
The recordings with Jesse came out out just wonderful. I can't say enough for everyone who worked on the project. I am so excited. I certainly hope Jack likes Hard Country. We gave it a little different take (obviously) but Jesse is making it her own as she did with all the tracks. As I've said before we did "studio versions" of Satisfied and Baby Why, along with two seperate songs written by Aaron Sellen and Alan Lemke (gotta get some young blood in the mix) and a song I dug out from an old recording on a Bonnie Raitt recording written by Tom Snow called Goin' Wild For You Baby. These tracks all came out just amazing - recorded by the the same band that worked with me on my my last three studio recordings - Michael Rhodes (bass); Dan Dugmore and Chris Leuzinger (guitars, steel, dobro etc.) Pete Wasner (keyboards) and Dennis Holt (drums). We also brought in Hank Singer (fiddle). I shouldn't forget John Macy and Marc Lacuesta who did the actual recording - making sure the (information) made to the hard drive. We're working on a pop, country, blues sound and these tracks gave us all the ingredients. We still have to put the lead vocals on the tracks (although the scrach vocals are pretty amazing) and a few background vocals. It's gonna take us a few weeks as schedules get complicated for the summer.
OK - that's about it for now - I have to start getting ready for my "real job" now, but we'll be updating you as we get back into it. We'll be posting some photos in a couple of day as well.
wheland

Postby Lonesomedave » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:49 am

Once again, thanks for the update Dennis. Pretty sure the album will do well and I think it's a pretty safe bet to say all of us will be first in line when it's released.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion