Birthday listings?

Discuss the band.

Re: Birthday listings?

Postby studiogirl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:20 pm

1. You must be logged in
2. They are on the index page (I'm fairly certain but can't be sure since there are apparently no July 1 birthdays)
3. Times (and therefore dates) are UTC (that means England...Greenwich Mean Time)

1. So...if you are not logged in you won't see them
2. If you are not on the index page you won't see them
3. If it's past midnight UTC (in England) you won't see a listing for what is still someone's birthday in the US because of the time difference.

When you are logged in, you can set the time for your time zone on the User Control Panel, but when you're not logged in, all times are UTC (Greenwich Mean Time). If a birthday is June 30, by midnight that day in England, it will no longer display, no matter what settings you have. In other words, all birthdays are listed only from midnight to 11:59 ENGLISH TIME on the date in question. It's only 9:15 pm in California this June 30...but it's the wee hours of July 1 in England. So, Kate's b'day listing has dropped off because it's now July 1 in England.

I know there are several birthdays coming up in the next week or so...but they will not show if the info is not listed on the profile page.

Those of you who enjoy birthdays (I "really like birthdays"!)...please input at least the month and day of your birth so we can celebrate you!!! (And it's nice to have the option of passing on the year!)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby kroney » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Thank you SG....That splains everything (I think)....

Enjoy your holiday....It's probably going to be a zoo in SB if they hold a memorial at Neverland.....Good timing !!!!
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby studiogirl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 pm

kroney wrote:Thank you SG....That splains everything (I think)....

Enjoy your holiday....It's probably going to be a zoo in SB if they hold a memorial at Neverland.....Good timing !!!!

Well, I hope I'm right about the birthdays...I've tried to pay attention (not my strong suit!)

As for Neverland...first, I did not hear the news but got an email from Margaret (in Houston!) that let me know about it.

Neverland is roughly 45-50 miles from Santa Barbara..."over the hill" to the Santa Ynez Valley (where Jimmy Messina and the Maverick Saloon are located). US-101 (i.e., "the freeway") goes through Santa Barbara, and anyone coming from south of Santa Barbara will have to come through this corridor, either continuing on the 101 to Buellton and then turning east on the 246, or they go through Santa Barbara to State Route 154 which connects to the 101 at the north (actually west) end of town and goes over the mountains to the SY Valley. In the end, because it's a holiday weekend and Friday is the holiday, I doubt the traffic will be any worse than the usual nightmare of a summer three-day weekend.

Fortunately for me, I will be leaving on Thursday and going in the opposite direction down the 101. If only I could turn such luck into $$$$$! Oh well...at least I won't have to deal with any of it!! (I don't even want to post my thoughts on a "viewing"...YIKES!!!!)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby MartinG » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:42 am

studiogirl wrote:1. You must be logged in
2. They are on the index page (I'm fairly certain but can't be sure since there are apparently no July 1 birthdays)
3. Times (and therefore dates) are UTC (that means England...Greenwich Mean Time)

1. So...if you are not logged in you won't see them
2. If you are not on the index page you won't see them
3. If it's past midnight UTC (in England) you won't see a listing for what is still someone's birthday in the US because of the time difference.

When you are logged in, you can set the time for your time zone on the User Control Panel, but when you're not logged in, all times are UTC (Greenwich Mean Time). If a birthday is June 30, by midnight that day in England, it will no longer display, no matter what settings you have. In other words, all birthdays are listed only from midnight to 11:59 ENGLISH TIME on the date in question. It's only 9:15 pm in California this June 30...but it's the wee hours of July 1 in England. So, Kate's b'day listing has dropped off because it's now July 1 in England.

I know there are several birthdays coming up in the next week or so...but they will not show if the info is not listed on the profile page.

Those of you who enjoy birthdays (I "really like birthdays"!)...please input at least the month and day of your birth so we can celebrate you!!! (And it's nice to have the option of passing on the year!)

Well that's a nice long and logical explanation. Unfortunately it has to be wrong ! Because Kate's birthday is actually July 1st not June 30th - I vaguely remember from last year...
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby kpkelsey » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:43 am

sep 26 here, edwardsville, il. come celebrate with me!
kpkelsey

Postby randall » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:04 am

Hurry its actually listed on the board index page..