Complaint Department - problems with this site

Discuss the band.

Complaint Department - problems with this site

Postby George Lawrence » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Folks! Welcome to poconut.org. Obviously poconut.com is down for the moment. The story is that echo tunes, our hosting site and merchandise fulfillment company up until today is no longer in the business of hosting web sites. This site is one that had been started by Poco to replace the old website but it was never completely finished due to some design and temporary webmaster issues. It is being used for the forum only at this time. There is a new webmaster who is redesigning the site from the ground up. For the moment, please don't email the administrator or post about problems with the site because there are going to be no repairs done to this site. We are well aware that there are many bugs in this site, the lack of content, etc. Please just treat this as a place holder until it is replaced with the redesigned site - everything should work smoothly then . In other words, there is no complaint department right now :-) Poco apologizes for this interruption but we should be back on track soon.
"How much for the women?" John Belushi in the Blues Brothers
George Lawrence

Re: Complaint Department - problems with this site

Postby studiogirl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 pm

George Lawrence wrote:Folks! Welcome to poconut.org. This site ... is being used for the forum only at this time.

Forgive me, George, but I just know someone will miss that part of your post...and it is important...IMHO.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby duffyb » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:42 pm

George Lawrence wrote: There is a new webmaster who is redesigning the site from the ground up.

Not the actual 'design' Will did, right? I love this design!
duffyb

Postby Dar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 pm

thanx
Dar

Postby sunsetkidd » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Well, alright then!

Well, as long as we can be Poco fans somewhere online, it's all good. Thanks for keeping us up to date GL.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby Bogeyfire » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 pm

George Lawrence wrote:\There is a new webmaster who is redesigning the site from the ground up.

Hey, sometimes it takes a swift kick in the butt or the actions of a 3rd party to motivate big changes. All I can say is, its all good. We gotta stay current, and there is so much more that can be done with webpages these days. I've built enough of them, including my own. I know enough to know how out dated they are!
:roll:
Its all worthwhile, though. Poco has a rare following which is totally symbiotic. They want us, we want them. They are facilitating that relationship by driving this transition.
:)
P.S. I hate the smiles!
:P
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Kim » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:56 am

I found that it was slow and took a while for each page to load on my PC. But I tried it again with another PC and it was faster. So time to upgade.

As for presentation and graphics, the new site is far more professional. Many thanks George and co for a great job!
Kim

Postby VA from NY » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Thanks for this post George. It explains a lot.
I like the design of this one...can't wait to see what the new one will be.
VA from NY
And maybe if you like, we could be just like old friends that new friends could like
VA from NY

Postby George Lawrence » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:04 pm

The graphics will remain about the same. The guts will be reworked.

duffyb wrote:
George Lawrence wrote: There is a new webmaster who is redesigning the site from the ground up.

Not the actual 'design' Will did, right? I love this design!
"How much for the women?" John Belushi in the Blues Brothers
George Lawrence

Postby joeyg7 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:32 pm

everytime I try to post or log in it tells it doesnt recognise my E-mail address.I already registered and got an e-mail from you saying Im already regiistered.I am at my home address but I gave you my work address,this should not pose a problem however as long as I have my password it shouldnt matter where the E mail is.I cant post or do anything please address.

Thank you
Joseph Gallo
joeyg7

Next

Return to Poco Discussion