Helping fund the new POCO CD

Messages directly from the band.

Re: Helping fund the new POCO CD

Postby david75090 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:15 pm

mary wrote:OK, keep the ideas coming!
I just put pictures of the new POCO items up on the store.
AND to mark the occasion of this fund raiser--a newly designed woman's shirt.
It will be a white 100% cotton woman's cut T-shirt with the color photo of the band and the caption reading:
"The Band Has My Support"

OK, I can't resist this "suggestion", triggered by the word, "support", as in "athletic supporter" or, "thong". A Poco thong, sure to turn a few heads, the other way. A strategically placed horse shoe or running horse? Oh, the horror!

:shock: :oops: :lol:
david75090

Postby robc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:18 pm

david75090 wrote:
mary wrote:OK, keep the ideas coming!
I just put pictures of the new POCO items up on the store.
AND to mark the occasion of this fund raiser--a newly designed woman's shirt.
It will be a white 100% cotton woman's cut T-shirt with the color photo of the band and the caption reading:
"The Band Has My Support"

OK, I can't resist this "suggestion", triggered by the word, "support", as in "athletic supporter" or, "thong". A Poco thong, sure to turn a few heads, the other way. A strategically placed horse shoe or running horse? Oh, the horror!

:shock: :oops: :lol:

I'm not sure if I should laugh or report you to the authorities. :D
robc

Postby robc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Something else that might push sales would be perhaps for any order of, say, $50 to $60 or so would get the buyer a "Special thanks to..." credit in the Cd liner notes.
How many people get a chance to show something like that off? Heck, might even cause Mom to buy one. :D
robc

Postby Bogeyfire » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:42 pm

I know Rusty is too busy now, and if merch sales can cover the expenses, then Great! But I made a suggestion on the old thread that maybe Rusty could offer a psg track for a reasonable fee for any of the home recording types that might be interested. There are enough musicians on this site that a couple of us might take up such an offer.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby kroney » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 pm

I don't know about others but I'd sure like to have a George's Drum Shop Tee......
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby boosky » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Yep a drumshop shirt would be so cool! 8-)
boosky

Postby mary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:46 pm

We'll see what George can come up with...shirts, stix, cymbals, shakers, ear plugs???
I just checked the web store and found a $300.00 order! WoW, thank you!
I won't say who it was just in case they are stocking up on stocking stuffers!
This was the biggest order since good ole' Ben ordered a dozen denim jackets for his friends and family. Thanks everyone for sharing an interest in POCO recording a new CD. Now when you wear the new shirts or hats and someone asks about if Poco is still around, then you can tell them about the new CD coming up in 2011!
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby svin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:06 pm

I like the idea of using merch sales to fund the new CD, and I also would like to jump on Red River Patrol's idea of pre - ordering the new CD autographed.
Along with that, why not do packages with the CD plus merch?
Start with RRP's idea of preordering the autographed CD for a certain amount, plus a special T shirt / hat made especially for the package, and maybe something like a lyric booklet or digital download with an extra song or two on it?
I'd pay good money for something like that, and if the additional items were available only with the CD, all the better. It makes them collector's items.
Again, we're talking preordering...It gives the band some working capital, and POCO nuts something to look forward to.
Also, and I think I saw this mentioned here before, that the traditional way of distributing the CD isn't the only way to handle that these days.
Many indie and niche bands are burning CD-R's on demand, putting a nice label on the CD, using a digipak with minimal graphics to package them in, and mailing them out.
They burn a bunch for shows, to answer that question.
Along with that, many of these band are offering digital downloads, with art and such included.
The benefits of doing this are obvious, chief among them not being stuck with thousands of CD's that can't be moved.
I personally know two bands who are doing it this way, and it's a viable way of doing business. It works well.
Courage Wolf sez...
svin

Postby wini » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 am

Bogeyfire wrote:I know Rusty is too busy now, and if merch sales can cover the expenses, then Great! But I made a suggestion on the old thread that maybe Rusty could offer a psg track for a reasonable fee for any of the home recording types that might be interested. There are enough musicians on this site that a couple of us might take up such an offer.

Your are def right with that, Mark! I have at least 2 songs that could use a PSG, and I'd be ready to get on my knees in front of all my family to get that kind of support ...
wini

Postby LynneR » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 am

mary wrote:hey Lynn, that's a great idea. I'll put that up on the web store right away.
Thanks! Keep ther suggestions coming.

Mary-
How will you show which items can be purchased in kids sizes? Will it just be a drop down arrow in the order size section, put it in the description on the 1st page or will it be special order?
Thanks & glad to hear you got such a big order already!!!
Lynne
LynneR

PreviousNext

Return to Messages from Poco