Poco friends, please help me sell some books!

Discuss the band.

Poco friends, please help me sell some books!

Postby mary » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 pm

http://www.puckyhuddlebooks.com/
Friends, i could use some help here. The cost of my website is far above any sales my books bring in. I'm thinking about starting one of those free websites with little room for creativity, and then just have the books for sale on the Poco site. Sure wish everyone i knew would purchase one of my books! I feel bad there's no profit to share with my illustrators. i just gotta do something different. Any suggestions. (i know i could lower the price on the books, but i have to keep it high enough to cover the printing costs). That's an idea... print the books in China for a fraction of the cost.I sure don't wanna do that.
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Re: Poco friends, please help me sell some books!

Postby mary » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 pm

I donated 7 sets of my children's books to 7 libraries in the Ozark region and 700 Ukulele Kids Clubs books to the UKC, but it sure would be nice to sell a few each month. I have so many more stories i'd like to publish. I promise the stories are enjoyable. Actually, i write to entertain the adult reader while reading to children. Please consider a Pucky Huddle Book for a child in your life.
Thank You!
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby mary » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:03 pm

About the Ukulele Kids Club books. We need to find a sponsor. Pucky Huddle Books has donated 700 books to the UKC, but they have already been shipped to the kids in the hospitals across the country. The ukuleles are a great tool for the music therapists to use with the kids. The kids get to keep their own ukulele even after they are well enough to go home. There are 200 more children scheduled to receive ukuleles in February, but they are out of books! Please if you know of anyone who is financially in a position to help fund books, please let us know. The UKC is a non profit 501 c3 organization. They are looking to find a separate sponsor specifically for the books. Donations to the UKC go directly for ukuleles. Now we need to find a way to fund the books to go along with the ukuleles. Thank you!
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby mary » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Marc & Sharon Smith, you're angels. Thank you for ordering a set of the Pucky Huddle Books. You've ordered in the past and i think you for that. Poconuts are my books' biggest fans.
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby mary » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 pm

All my books are marked down and now i am offering FREE shipping on the Ukulele book.
GOOD NEWS, a very generous Poconut has just made a donation to cover the immediate need for 400 + books to the kids in the hospitals. The need will be here again by March 2017. There are so many children in the hospitals across the country. Please if you can help, visit my website and order a few Ukulele Kids Clubs books. (there is no profit to anyone but the kids)
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby Here In GR » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:15 pm

While most of the big book chains have evaporated by now, we do have a nice localy family owned book chain here with a great children's area too! Perhaps you could contact them directly. AND they have MUSIC performance space too! http://www.schulerbooks.com/
Here In GR

Return to Poco Discussion