Happy Birthday, Tim!!

Discuss the band.

Happy Birthday, Tim!!

Postby studiogirl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Birthday greetings to one of the few people not on Facebook!! Mr. mcdtj himself!!

Always kind, smart, courteous, thoughtful, witty, and...a virtual jukebox with feet! Can't wait to see you at the hoedown!!
8-) :D 8-) :D
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Re: Happy Birthday, Tim!!

Postby mcdtj » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks much, SG. High praise, indeed. But, as they say, it takes one to know one.

We're going out to a nice little French restaurant in West Palm Beach tonight. And we may be joined by someone I used to work with. I just found out that she and her husband live not far from Candy and me.

Looking forward to the hoedown, too. Just a bit more than three weeks now...
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Hope they didn't give away your cake!
;)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby randall » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Happy Birthday Tim! Hope to get to see you in Pompano Beach in July...If they ever announce the show????
randall

Postby mcdtj » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 am

We did go to a French restaurant for my b'day dinner, SG, but did NOT bring the cake to the restaurant. (For anyone not familiar with this story, here's the gist of what happened. A few birthdays back, we took my birthday cake to a ((different)) French restaurant and asked them to serve it after dinner. They did---to another table!!!)

Got your VM, but AT&T didn't deliver it until almost 24 hrs. after you recorded it. I've called them about it and they blew me off--"heavy message volume, not enough server capacity." We are very close to dropping our land line. Gotta see if there is an alternate way for the burglar alarm system to notify the monitoring agency. If so, the land line will be gone!!

Randall, we won't be at the July performance in Pompano Beach--we'll be up in Ohio.
mcdtj

Postby fanjack12 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Sorry I missed wishing you the best of birthdays. Thanks for being one of the few remaining Poconuts who still regularly stay in touch here on the website. Always have appreciated your knowledge and opinions.....Happy Belated Birthday.
fanjack12

Postby mcdtj » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks much.

I try to keep a small digital footprint, so I am not on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I know this stand cuts me out of some social networks, but they're just not for me.

As long as Rusty keeps this site up, I'll be here.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 pm

mcdtj wrote:We did go to a French restaurant for my b'day dinner, SG, but did NOT bring the cake to the restaurant. (For anyone not familiar with this story, here's the gist of what happened. A few birthdays back, we took my birthday cake to a ((different)) French restaurant and asked them to serve it after dinner. They did---to another table!!!)

Got your VM, but AT&T didn't deliver it until almost 24 hrs. after you recorded it. I've called them about it and they blew me off--"heavy message volume, not enough server capacity." We are very close to dropping our land line. Gotta see if there is an alternate way for the burglar alarm system to notify the monitoring agency. If so, the land line will be gone!!

Well, just as long as you had cake...somewhere!!
;)

Re land lines...I hate to give up mine. If "the big one" (earthquake) comes...I'll have a better chance of having phone service with both land line and cell. It's a crap shoot -- towers can fall and underground lines can be severed. I might have one or the other, or both, or none. In any event, we keep the RV ready -- water tank full, food stocked. So I'll have food, water, and a place to sleep!
:!:
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby pocanuck » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 am

Happy Birthday Tim ! I just got back from Italy and a world where I had to survive without internet for a few days so my greeting is belated.

Looking forward to catching up with you again this year.

Hugh
Pocanuck
Longing for the warmth of Florida with Consuela by my side
pocanuck

Postby mcdtj » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:52 pm

pocanuck wrote:Happy Birthday Tim ! I just got back from Italy and a world where I had to survive without internet for a few days so my greeting is belated.

Looking forward to catching up with you again this year.

Hugh

Thanks much, Hugh. I know you enjoy Florida, but Italy must have been FANTASTIC. Hope you can make it to Ohio in July for my belated birthday party.
mcdtj

Return to Poco Discussion