Hoedown XIII !!

Discuss the band.

Re: Hoedown XIII !!

Postby mcdtj » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 am

Right ear is open, but left ear is still blocked. By tomorrow morning, I'll have given it four whacks with the Afrin and Sudafed-D, and three with the steroid. Surely, it will open up....
mcdtj

Postby Bogeyfire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Back in high school, The Abbey in Canon City, Co, I spent Easter in Aspen where my sister lived. I was sicker'n a dog! Bad earache, fever, congestion...

I took a puddle jumper from Colorado Springs to Aspen. The little plane had to circle about 20min to get enough altitude to get over the range in order to drop down in the Aspen valley.

I thought my head was going to explode! It was excruciating. So, I know the peril. The little plane was not pressurized, so I got the full effect.

Between flying in a pressurized airliner and with today's meds., I'm keeping my fingers crossed and think your prospects are good!
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Bogeyfire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:37 pm

TonySTL wrote:
Mark, is Tim your long lost in-law?

I can neither confirm, nor deny where my forefathers may have, or may not have sewed their seed, or just who they may, or may not have sewn it with! We are an adventurous and randy lot.
:mrgreen:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby mcdtj » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Candy has traced her ancestry on her dad's side back to the Mayflower: John and Priscilla Alden.

However, if you shake the family tree a bit, a couple of horse thieves and other less than honorable ancestors also will fall out...
mcdtj

Postby mcdtj » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 pm

OK, we're gonna give it a try tomorrow morning, unless I relapse big-time tonight. My left ear is responding to the treatment, although it is open only about 80% of the time between doses. I think I can fly if I take the meds about 30 minutes before departure--they should have maximum impact as we hit cruising altitude out of West Palm, and they should be wearing off about the time we land in San Diego.

Don't have much of a singing voice left, though. (I know what you're thinking, Robin--he never had much of one to start with.) Maybe it'll come back in the desert.
mcdtj

Postby TonySTL » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 pm

You will be known as Iron Tim. Hope you rest well tonight and let your body heal.
TonySTL

Postby mcdtj » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:32 pm

TonySTL wrote:You will be known as Iron Tim. Hope you rest well tonight and let your body heal.

Short night tonight, Tony, because of an early morning departure. And it is a 27 hour day tomorrow with the time change. But I'll sleep a bit on the plane, and I always get energized when we start hoedowning.
mcdtj

Postby mcdtj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:25 am

Just landed in Dallas. 90 minute layover, then 3 hrs. to San Diego. Ears are fine, weather is good and planes are on time. All in all, a good trip so far.
mcdtj

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 pm

As in years past, I had every intention of making the trip this year. Just wasn't able to make it work. I hope you all have a terrific time and I am looking forward to seeing FB pictures.
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby mcdtj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:58 pm

For the second time in XIII years, Mother Nature has frowned on our little get-together. Stepping outside today was like walking into a sand blaster. Desert winds have been howling about 40 mph, with gusts even higher. Phone, internet and electrical have been on and (often) off all day.

Owing to several power outages, it took us almost 2 hours to get burgers at Carlee's. So it was well past 9 pm when we got back to the music room. We decided to pack it in rather than chance playing with a spotty power grid. But the day was not a total blow-off, so to speak: we did get in about 45 minutes of playing before dinner.

Those here so far: Quinn, Studiogirl, Mcdtj and Mrs., Bogeyfire and Mrs., JimmyM and Wendy, Cap'n Larry, Bluelarryblue and Mrs., Donna, MJ. More folks coming tomorrow.

The fun starts about 10:30 am with some acoustic music. We'll electrify after lunch and play until 11 pm or so, with breaks for lunch and dinner, if Mother Nature cooperates.

I'm done--been up 23.5 hours. Manana, all.
mcdtj

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion