No April fools at the Infinity last night

Discuss the band.

No April fools at the Infinity last night

Postby marc » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:17 am

We saw a great Poco concert last night at the Infinity Music Hall in Norfolk, Ct. I'm not sure of the actual number but Poco has played the Infinity about once a year for the last 6 or 7 years and every one of the concerts has been special, including a New Years Eve show show a few years ago.

I don't know if it's the Infinity, a beautiful second floor theater constructed primarily of wood with incredible acoustics or the audience that sells out the place out every time Poco plays or maybe it's the ghost Vivian who "lives" in the theater, but every time the band plays there, they put on some of the best concerts I've ever seen and I've been watching the band since 1969. Last night was no different. Great stuff.

By the way, I think that adding Rick to the band was the perfect choice. Every time I've heard him play with Rusty, Jack and Michael, he always adds something that makes the music better and a drummer that sings; can't ask for much more than that.

Marc-
marc

Re: No April fools at the Infinity last night

Postby pocofan49 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Have to agree Marc. Infinity is a great venue and Rob adds an awful lot. The version of "Hard Country" was really special.
Charlie
pocofan49

Postby ctkeith » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 am

I have to agree, this current band is the hottest they have been in years. I miss "A little Rain" and "Spellbound" I would like to see them put back in the set list once in a while, but I have to admit the set list was excellent and the musicianship superb. Infinity really is a great place to see the band and the food is excellent too!

Keith
ctkeith

Postby jonr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:45 pm

This was the first Poco show at Infinity that I have missed. And the first one that I didn't videotape from the balcony! JonR
jonr

Return to Poco Discussion