Casey Kelly

Discuss the band.

Casey Kelly

Postby david75090 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:44 pm

A CD I've been enjoying is a new one by Casey and his partner Leslie Ellis. First got clued into Casey with his first album back in the 70s. Jim Messina played on one of the songs so I took a chance.

Here's a link to their website.
https://kellyandellis.com/

Leslie has a beautiful voice and I enjoy most of the songs on the CD. I think it will be in your wheelhouse as it was mine.
david75090

Re: Casey Kelly

Postby pocojim » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. I also was a big Casey fan in the 70's, but lost track after 2nd LP. I'll check this one out.

Jim

P.S. Messina played on "You Can't Get There From Here".
pocojim

Postby david75090 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:01 pm

Casey did one CD called "Himownself", or something like that, that I loved. He had become a songwriter in Nashville. His song "The Cowboy Rides Away" is a George Strait staple. After I got that CD, I lost track of him.

Went to YouTube and found several things he did with Leslie Ellis and the late Todd Cerney who's another good musician, and songwriter.

On their new CD I especially like "Memory" from "Cats" that Leslie does and that song from The Titanic, "My Heart Will Go On". She really has a pretty voice, that will bring tears, if you're so inclined.
david75090

Postby Quinn » Mon May 01, 2017 4:47 am

thx. i really have lost track of him. last i heard was a good love is like a good song.
Quinn

Return to Poco Discussion