Chris Hillman - New album

Discuss the band.

Re: Chris Hillman - New album

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:18 pm

I am a big fan and don't miss Chris & Herb when they come here to The MIM.

A few years ago, the first time I saw DRB (acoustic- RIP Bill Bryson) they did a meet and greet after the show. Chris was last in line as we went down the table and I had always heard he could be a bit aloof. Here's what immediately changed my mind about that... when my wife extended her hand, Chris Hillman stood up to shake her hand. Told me pretty much all I needed to know.
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby woogie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 am

How can anyone not like the DRB and Chris Hillman? IMHO they are MAGIC.
woogie

Postby Jiff » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Not a big Hillman fan but I really like The DRB. John Jorgenson and pedal steel man, Jay Dee Maness, really made their sound happen. Maness played with Buck Owens, Gram Parsons, including on Sweethearts Of The Rodeo, Hee Haw, Dukes Of Hazard, Vince Gill, etc.
Jiff

Postby studiogirl » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Anyone living in or visiting the Los Angeles area... You can see JayDee (along with other notables) every Thursday for free at Cody's Cantina in Burbank.

http://www.laweekly.com/event/jay-dee-m ... ck-6741578
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Andrewrios59 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 am

Chris Hill man is a great musician. I think he is much better than Roger McGuinn. A few years ago,he did a show in Covina Ca at a guitar store. He was great. I was able to talk to him afterward. He was one nice guy. I told him I was learning the Mandolin. After wards he gave me a mandolin lesson. As we were all walking to our cars, Chris asked me if I wanted to join him and Herb Pederson in grabbing something to eat. I told them I'd meet them there after I went to the bank, He told me not to go to the bank, he was covering my meal. We sat at the place for hours, talking music, mandolins and banjos and Gene Clark. Both men are the nicest men I have ever met.
Andrewrios59

Postby Bogeyfire » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:00 pm

Wow!
:o
That just doesn't happen every day. Very cool.

I think what may come across as "stand-offish" in his shows may be a sense of shyness and humility.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Tabasco » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:11 pm

woogie wrote:How can anyone not like the DRB and Chris Hillman? IMHO they are MAGIC.

Bingo.
Tabasco

Postby fanjack12 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:52 am

At any time in the past, was Chris Hillman ever considered to become part of Poco? Would his past relationship with Richie in the SHF days been a help or hindrance? Have always been a Hillman fan and just wondering about what might have been possible????
fanjack12

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion