Rusty's New Album

Discuss the band.

Re: Rusty's New Album

Postby larrypocofan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Received Rusty's new album on Saturday. I'm really enjoying it. Rusty touches on lots of different styles. I agree with the person who said that there's a voice in the background on "Gonna Let It Rain" that sounds a lot like Richie. The song itself reminds me of a soulful song that Richie would write.
larrypocofan

Postby Diederik1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:23 am

I have to wait, because I live in Holland....
But I have no doubts after hearing those four songs. "My Friend" is all I am looking for in a song.
Diederik1

Postby wheland » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 am

I got mine yesterday and I'm listening to it right now. Sounds great to me.

Wish I could get to the release party tomorrow night at the City Winery in NYC but it's just not in the cards. Looks like it's almost completely sold out, though.

Have fun guys & girls.

Dennis
wheland

Postby germanpoco » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 am

35 $ shipping costs to Germany from bluelan records is a bit too much...hope it will be available here soon...
germanpoco

Postby Diederik1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:49 am

"Heaven's just a little closer tonight"......
Waited 30 years for this album and I am in love with the music. A true masterpiece.
Go, Rusty Young!!!

Alone in a room. Even my wife and cats had to leave to the bedroom. Drink in my hand. I need a drink when Rusty fills the room, in a good way.

First song I already know, it gets better and better every time.
"My Friend" is Poco in one song. Need I say more?
And from here the album even gets better. Really it does! Wow!
"Honey Bee" is so much fun!
"Sara's song" is so touchy. So beautiful! A love song from fathers to daughters. (Who is Sara, Rusty's daughter?)
"Heaven Tonight". Maybe the absolute highlight of an incredible album.
Next song, true Poco!! Lifts me up.
"Seasons"... Ennio Morricone eat your heart out.
"Innocent Moon". So incredibly beautiful. So Rusty.
Next song. Yeah hoe down! Could be on FTI.
Last song. Perfect ending....

A song of five could come straight of Legend or Cantamos. But early Poco got its spot too.
Don't know what to say. Rusty got me out of some misery in life. I needed this one!
Rusty, long ago you called me "buddy". A highlight for me. Now it's my turn: "Thanks, buddy!"
Diederik1

Postby pocojim » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:04 pm

I hope the vinyl copies ship soon. I'll be at the San Juan Capistrano show next week and would like to be familiar with the songs beforehand.

Jim

Ha! Right after I hit 'submit' I got an email with he shipping notice! Can't wait!
pocojim

Postby Grahame » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 am

Available from Amazon UK 15 Sept. CD - £15.77, Vinyl - £26.12. These prices will certainly reduce within a few weeks.
Grahame

Postby fanjack12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:41 am

Like the new CD but wonder why "Missouri Sky" didn't make it onto the disc?? Really good sound and only 2 minutes --see other post about Porsche.
fanjack12

Postby nutsince69 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Just listened to the 4 songs from the pre-release CD purchase.....and I thought the last 3 were really very good --- Waiting for the Sun was first and it never seems to get out of 1st gear ---just slow and meanders along...but the other 3 are really fine -

Just listened to the CD for the first time. A great piece of work. Thank you so much Rusty. Regarding the title track/first song, "Waiting for the Sun", I interpret it as a prelude to the entire CD, rather than a strict "stand-alone" song. Listening to it, I can envision Rusty sitting near the window, pen and paper in hand, guitar by his side, "waiting for the sun" to rise and provide inspiration. Setting the stage for the other 9 songs. Just my take.

I only received the digital download of the entire CD to date, not the actual CD. I note the revised version of "Rose of Cimarron" is not on the digital download of the entire CD. Is it on the CD proper, or do we have to wait for another day to hear the new "Rose". I may have been confused, thinking it was on this CD. Thanks.
nutsince69

Postby Diederik1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm

nutsince69 wrote:
Just listened to the 4 songs from the pre-release CD purchase.....and I thought the last 3 were really very good --- Waiting for the Sun was first and it never seems to get out of 1st gear ---just slow and meanders along...but the other 3 are really fine -

Just listened to the CD for the first time. A great piece of work. Thank you so much Rusty. Regarding the title track/first song, "Waiting for the Sun", I interpret it as a prelude to the entire CD, rather than a strict "stand-alone" song. Listening to it, I can envision Rusty sitting near the window, pen and paper in hand, guitar by his side, "waiting for the sun" to rise and provide inspiration. Setting the stage for the other 9 songs. Just my take.

I only received the digital download of the entire CD to date, not the actual CD. I note the revised version of "Rose of Cimarron" is not on the digital download of the entire CD. Is it on the CD proper, or do we have to wait for another day to hear the new "Rose". I may have been confused, thinking it was on this CD. Thanks.

Nice take!
Sorry, Rose is not on the album. Can't wait to hear it!!
Diederik1

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion