Rusty's New Album

Discuss the band.

Re: Rusty's New Album

Postby ctkeith » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:25 pm

I love the new album, been listening to it for two weeks. Can't wait to see the band again. Two shows in NY in November, can't wait.

Keith
ctkeith

Postby rusty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:07 pm

https://blueelan.com/artists/rusty-young/
Keith, so glad you like it. I'm really happy with this album. We'll have them on our new website for sale in January. Until then, we suggest ordering through the record label website.
rusty

Postby Tabasco » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:33 pm

I whittled down this post. I hear an album I like that much, after a few beers I feel I have to say something witty ...
Love this album. If you don't have it ... get it, you need it ... wonderful.

What a keeper. :)
Last edited by Tabasco on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tabasco

Postby StevenT » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 pm

The booklet insert for this CD includes the lyrics, but, I was wondering where I could find the instrument and vocal credits?

I'm trying to figure out where I'm hearing George, Richie, etc., as well as who's singing that nice high harmony on "Gonna' Let The Rain".

Any pointers? Thanks!

Every listen of this CD makes me appreciate it even more. Very pleasant album!
StevenT

Postby Tabasco » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:56 am

StevenT wrote:
Yah, really, what a keeper. Best addition to my music collection in quite a while. We love it.
Tabasco

Postby fanjack12 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Ever wonder why Poco never used any female backup singers until now?? At least, that's what I remember......Rusty's CD is very good and a real pleasurable addition to the sound of Poco.
fanjack12

Postby phund » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:06 am

There's a review of "Waitin' for the Sun" over at http://goodnewmusic.com/?p=5131.
phund

Postby TonySTL » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 am

StevenT wrote:The booklet insert for this CD includes the lyrics, but, I was wondering where I could find the instrument and vocal credits?

I'm trying to figure out where I'm hearing George, Richie, etc., as well as who's singing that nice high harmony on "Gonna' Let The Rain".

Any pointers? Thanks!

I am pretty sure that the highs on Gonna Let the Rain were done by Lisa Oliver-Gray. She is a singer songwriter in Nashville whose first release was produced by Michael Webb.
A small PocoWorld story is that I met Lisa in Elizabethtown when she was taking her Mother to yard sales. She saw my Poco hat and an immediate music and Poco discussion began. My wife follows her on FB and we are hoping to catch her in Nashville the next time we are down there.
TonySTL

Postby wheland » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:01 pm

There is a short but sweet review of the cd in the latest issue of Goldmine.

It has basically very positive things to say about it but concludes that it will be best recieved by those who are already fans of Poco. Unfortunately given the state of the music business I tend to agree with that assessment.

I am very pleased with the work that Blue Elan and rusty's team are doing to promote the cd so maybe he can get some traction with new fans. It was listed in the pre-order area of amazon prior to it being released so I'm sure some new people saw it if they did a general search in pre-orders as I do often.

I and others also shared the links on Facebook so that can't hurt either.

Dennis
wheland

Postby Jiff » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Terrific album. It's sure been a longer wait than for the sun for a solo album from the best of the Poco guys. How about a compilation set of all of Rusty's songs in Poco.

My post about Waitin' For The Sun in New Music at the Seattle Music & More forum:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mtheads/new-music-t2276-s100.html#p19676
Jiff

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion