Live From My Father's Place 31/8/76

Discuss the band.

Re: Live From My Father's Place 31/8/76

Postby wheland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 am

David,

I do think that overall even with some of the problems mentioned in your post about the previous Richie site it was better and more informative than the present site at this point in time.

I do hope it is is improved on and beomes more informative in time. Maybe it should have been more fleshed out before it was launched.

I don't dispute your comment about the new cd of the live show at My Father's Place but I do find it strange that there is a note that purports to be from Richie in the inner cover of the cd holder that sends people to his website and to look for him on Facebook.

If he had no input and gains nothing from the release he should challenge the liner notes as having been misleading at best and false at worst. I will say that there is nothing incorrect in that note and the other note in the cover is also very informative and complimentary towards Richie.

I'm sorry he gets nothing from the sale. I thought he did based on the other posts here ( or at the very least he had sanctioned it's release) so I went ahead and purchased it.

I will continue to check his new website for updates and improvements. Thanks for your input into this issue.

Dennis
wheland

Postby DavidS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Reply to Grahame

1) There currently is NO discography. That is a page under development with a full and accurate discography. The FIVE CD's listed are in the online store. They are the same FIVE that were on the prior website.

2) Richie approves of the Expressions page. The idea came from one of the persons that submitted comments. Yes, the music community was approached to provide their thoughts about Richie and his contribution to American music and his influence. Not one person approached declined. There are additional comments forthcoming from a music community of Richie's peers and contemporaries that think very highly of him and were pleased to share their thoughts.

3) There was NO prior religious content whatsoever on the prior website, other than his religious/non-secular CD's and songbooks, which are still in the online store.

4) The cluttered site had few people visiting and staying on it. This sparse sight as you call it has had more visitors staying on longer and ordering considerably more items from the online store.

5) Live From My Father's Place appeared on the prior website from an iTunes automatic feed, where it is being sold. The prior discography was not really a discography page since it did not list any content other than Richie's solo work that is for sale on iTunes. As stated, the new discography page is forthcoming.

One can never please everyone. However, based on the website analytics, it has been an overwhelming success in the past week 9 days since its launch. It will continue to develop throughout 2018 with more content and merchandise in the online store, with the tour page remaining current.
Last edited by DavidS on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidS

Postby Grahame » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 am

David,

I respect your opinions, even though I may not agree with many of them. If the new site has Richie's approval then fair enough. However, I can't let this go without a few further comments -

1 Unless my memory has worsened more than I thought, then there was definitely religious content on the previous site. I am still surprised that Richie has agreed to it's removal.

2 Is it really possible for i-tunes to automatically add content to an artist's website without their permission? Surely not.

3 You have not answered Denis' query as to how Live From My Father's Place contains
Richie's seemingly official comments and therefore his approval of it's release. (I do not have this album yet, as it is not released in the UK until mid November)
Grahame

Postby bocanut » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:47 am

This recording, also sold as a 2 CD package has been around for some period of time. Both this recording and the other recording from a 1974 show are interesting time pieces. They are both recordings from the same location and were live radio shows. I bought them knowing that they probably were unauthorized and that they were likely to be less than stellar recordings (much like the stuff often posted on Youtube). I listened to each of them a few times. As I said, interesting as time pieces, not fantastic recordings, but Richie's high energy was still shining through.

Sadly it seems that Richie and many other acts are consistently being ripped off for their efforts over the years. In a recent interview, Chris Hillman said that his almost full time job is hurting down unauthorized use of his work.

As for Richie's new website, I like it. It is clean and simple and hopefully will allow his fans to get more info on where Richie will be playing live. I know that his new manager is working hard at getting Richie more gigs. He played a few shows with Paul recently and has a couple of shows booked w/ Timothy. Check them out if you get a chance, Richie's band is GREAT!
bocanut

Postby DavidS » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Grahame,

1) Definitely was NO religious content on prior site. Richie did not need to agree to remove what was not there! Put it to rest!

2) An auto feed can be created from iTunes. Many tour postings on artists websites are also auto feeds from "Bandsintown". Put it to rest!

3) I have not seen the comments on the live CD.

Dennis, can you please Facebook PM me a photo of the so called Richie Furay comments on this CD. Much appreciated! Put it to rest!

By the way, the discography page is up on the new website today. It's a continued work in progress and other recordings will be posted shortly.

Bocanut Ira, your comments are quite accurate. Richie's manager is working with their booking agency and venues for confirming shows in 2018. Richie & Paul played 5 shows in Colorado this summer, hopefully with more to come later on.
DavidS

Postby DavidS » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Some things take forever and other things happen quicker than anticipated.
Anyway, the Discography page on the new RF website went live already, much sooner than anticipated. It is not complete and is still a work in progress. Additional information and recordings will be posted soon.

The newest live recording is now an official release, but is not being sold on Richie’s website online store, and was not being sold on the prior web store. It continues to be sold through iTunes and also Amazon and other online distribution as of now.
DavidS

Postby flaco » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:34 pm

I was in attendance at one of those MFP shows and i seem to remember The Chambers Brothers opening for Richie, anyone else have a recollection?...
flaco

Location: Fresh Meadows N.Y. Palm Desert C.A. South Windsor C.T.

Postby Grahame » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:45 am

As this is now an official release, I am presuming it will shortly be added to the Discography?
Grahame

Postby whofannj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Just read that my father's place is reopening. I'll have to find the source.
I want to change my name to Pocofan61, I just don't know how :(
whofannj

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion