Rams Head Tavern Owner: Charges Filed

Discuss the band.

Rams Head Tavern Owner: Charges Filed

Postby mcdtj » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:16 am

USA Today's Southeast Edition for 11-22-2017, (page 5A) reports that "...the owner of the Rams Head Tavern at Savage Mill in Savage, MD has been charged with six counts of secretely videotaping women with their pants down..."

This venue has presented Poco and RFB numerous times, and both bands have commented on how much they enjoy playing there. What a shame he did this, but at least justice is coming...
mcdtj

Re: Rams Head Tavern Owner: Charges Filed

Postby fanjack12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 am

There are several Rams Head restaurants in Maryland. The primary one is in Annapolis, not Savage, and the music venue is in Annapolis - the largest and most prominent Rams Head in my opinion. I am not sure of whether they are owned by the same party, but I will post more info as I read local accounts. A close friend financed the Rams Head restaurant and venue development with the owner in Annapolis several years ago - we are meeting he and his wife in mid-December there to see Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. So - I hope they are separately owned, or at most partial interests, as the outlying Rams Heads have never been as successful as the Annapolis location and the excellent musical acts there over many years. The possible exception to that would be the Rams Head Live venue in downtown Baltimore, which caters to acts drawing larger audiences - mostly standing audiences and younger draw....more to come for sure
fanjack12

Postby fanjack12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:58 am

Found charges dating back to 2015 against the son of the family owned operation regarding the Savage location. Son was sentenced to 90 days with 3 years probation. Father is/was founder and operator. He sold Baltimore venue in 2015 as well. Was never aware of this event as we have been to Rams Head Annapolis many times during the period since then. Did not find any new charges in Baltimore or Annapolis papers.....most detail and video from local Annapolis paper, Capital Gazette, and searched for Rams Head articles; several found with judge ruling in July 2015. Nothing new found - will look further and talk with friend tomorrow BUT on to Turkey Day. Hope new charges are not being filed stemming from those events --but that does seem to be happening based on national news about past years; groping, etc. with new charges.
fanjack12

Postby marc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am

Chuck Berry ever play there.

Marc-
marc

Postby mcdtj » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:21 am

Dorothy, thanks for the follow-up research. I was so stunned by the USA Today report that it never even dawned on me that the different Rams Head locations might have different owners.

Hope the Annapolis location's ownership is not involved with the Savage location.
mcdtj

Postby fanjack12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Tim - I'm not Dorothy....used to be Cottonfan until changing years ago now - prior to Paul leaving. Mike from Maryland
fanjack12

Postby fanjack12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Oh yeah --it seems all locations were owned by the Family members until the Baltimore location sold to a California entertainment company back in 2015....sorry meant to add that earlier
fanjack12

Postby mcdtj » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:54 pm

My bad, Mike. I apologize.
mcdtj

Return to Poco Discussion