Happy Thanksgiving

Discuss the band.

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby fanjack12 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:11 pm

As we close in on Thanksgiving 2017, we can all be thankful for so many things revolving around the great band, Poco. Hope those type of good things have also filled your personal lives. As we have much to look forward to in 2018, we also should give our blessings to those lost this past year; including our pink lady Naomi. Happy T'day to all Poconuts.....and to those past and present members of POCO!
fanjack12

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Postby StevenT » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to Mary for all her work behind the scenes to keep the Legend alive, for offering really nice merchandise for purchase, and for keeping all of us in line in this board.
:D

Oh, and of course Happy Thanksgiving to Rusty, Jack, Michael, Rick..... and Richie, George G., Jim, Randy, Timothy, Paul, Al, Steve, Charlie, Kim, Rick S., Jeff, Dave, Gary, Richard, Tim, George L. (and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poco)!
;)
StevenT

Jiff moved

Postby Jiff » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. A special thanks to Rusty for keeping Poco alive and his excellent album.

I've spent the last six weeks doing all the things involved in moving from a house we lived in for 27 years in Lynnwood to Camano Island WA. We're exhausted.  Four weeks of sorting, purging, dumping, packing stuff.  Eight F150 loads to Value Village, two to the dump, one to recycler, about twenty sales on Craigslist.  Still a lot made it here. Movers filled a 24' and a 16' moving trucks, three F150 loads and two loads in the Escape.  We did take a break to see Tommy James on Oct 14. Superb concert.

Still getting situated, especially the AV stuff. New Sony TV and Denon receiver with wi-fi and Bluetooth upstairs. Incredible what new technology does for your music experience. Switched to Pandora from Spotify and immediately set up a Poco station. For some reason I'm getting more Jackson Browne than Poco. The old Denon, carousel CD player, TV and Cerwin Vega speakers are downstairs. Sansui and Bose speakers in the studio with the guitars and amps.

I retired from working for the Coast Guard in downtown Seattle for 34 years last year. I'm now further removed from the metro music scene.  I've been missing the Out To Lunch concerts, buskers and happy hour live music.  Now, out on Camano, I'm also further removed from the Mariners, several city festivals, cover band bars and touring band venues.  There are a couple cover band bars here that we've been to and like.

Not a big deal regarding live music access. I haven't been to the Tractor since The Gourds in 2011.  There will be more hotels and staying with friends in the future.  We'll also miss the convenience of living in Lynnwood with so many businesses at arms length, including ethnic restaurants.  No more pizza and Chinese delivery.  Oh well, we're liking it here, and we're thankful.

Move photos:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id= ... view_all=1
Jiff

Postby mcdtj » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Beautiful place you have there!! Best to you and yours. Happy retirement, too.
mcdtj

Postby rusty » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you too!
Love,
Mary & Rusty
rusty

Return to Poco Discussion