Timothy B On Tour

Discuss the band.

Timothy B On Tour

Postby Grahame » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Timothy B Schmit has announced a tour with his band plus gigs with the Eagles in 2018. The solo tour begins this month, two of which (in LA & Denver) will also feature Richie Furay. The American tour with the Eagles covers the USA and Canada from March through to July.
Grahame

Re: Timothy B On Tour

Postby wheland » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:38 pm

I can heartily recommend seeing Tim solo. I've seen him several times and he puts on a great show. He has a tremendous band and backup singers supporting him.

Unfortunately he is not doing any shows in my area this time around. However I did buy tickets to the Eagles / James Taylor show in Philadelphia as a present for my wife. I won't be going as I do not like outdoor shows- especially stadium size shows.

Dennis
wheland

Postby mcdtj » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:05 pm

Nice article in LA Weekly about TBS and Richie playing the Saban Theater tomorrow night, their musical lives in and out of Poco, etc.

Looked up the theater's website--beautiful facility. Should be a good show. I bet they'll be more than a few Poconuts in the audience.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:51 pm

I'll be at that show tomorrow night! Loved this in that article: "...2007's Alive, a double live album featuring Furay's exquisite touring band...."

The Saban was formerly the Fine Arts movie theater. It's right on Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills. Last movie I saw there was "The Loved One"...in 1965.
:shock:

Looking forward to seeing the show...and some of the 'Nuts who will be there! (Mr. and Mrs. Guitarbro for sure, maybe some others?)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:05 pm

So, how was the concert, SG? Any highlights/memorable moments you can share? Any Poconuts there beside yourself and Mr. & Mrs. Guitarbro?
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm

mcdtj wrote:So, how was the concert, SG? Any highlights/memorable moments you can share? Any Poconuts there beside yourself and Mr. & Mrs. Guitarbro?

It was a great show, though I wish Richie's opening set had been longer (don't I always???). Richie, Jesse and Scott did an assortment of Springfield/Poco/RFB songs...including the "Flying on the Ground/Do I Have to Come Right Out and Say It/Clancy" medley. Tim's set was surprisingly long, and included a couple of Poco songs, and lots of others from his current and previous CDs, Eagles' songs, of course, and dedicating it to Glenn Frey, he did "Peaceful Easy Feeling" totally solo. He has a great band, including three women backup singers who are amazing, all or most of whom were with him during his "Expando" tour. It's a little odd to me to see Tim playing acoustic and electric guitars, much like getting used to seeing Rusty standing up and playing a guitar instead of sitting at the steel. Tim did play bass on a few songs. Tim seemed very relaxed, and his sense of humor was in play...a couple of good zingers. I was surprised (but probably shouldn't have been) that there were women in the audience shouting "I love you"...but it's weird when it's not teenage girls and barely older musicians. LOL His expressions...raised eyebrow, shaking his head...were classic. He can't believe it, either, I guess.

As many of us here know, Tim was especially helpful to George Grantham after his stroke. And true to his kind heart, he was exceedingly gracious and generous toward Richie, saying how weird it was that Richie was opening for him. More than once he mentioned that Richie had been his mentor, teaching him so much about singing, being on stage, and performing in general. Tim invited Richie to come back out to sing a couple of Poco songs together, and then again for the very last song of the night, "AGFTK".

All in all, it was a very satisfying show for me. Besides the music (which was excellent all around), the spirit on stage really underpinned the quality of the music. Tim's been quoted as saying he didn't want to relive the past, but I think he might have come to realize that the so-called past is not really over, especially when there's the opportunity to share the more or less collective experience again. At least that's what I think because he told Richie something to the effect of "this is so much fun, such great songs, we need to do more together."

Shout out to Major and Faye (Mr. & Mrs. Guitarbro) for calling me at just the right moment to tell me they were at a restaurant right next door to the venue on Wilshire Blvd. I would have seen it if Wilshire were not being excavated for a subway line. My gosh...I lived in LA for a long time and know my way around, but it was like some weird puzzle to navigate the area because of the construction. There's only resident parking near the venue...and I'm still hobbling with a cane, so it was a great relief to find so a convenient place to have friends meet up and have dinner...with a parking garage across the street. Also in attendance was SoCalFrank. I didn't see any other 'Nuts from this board...but there may have been some.

I think that's it for now. I also think I'm gonna need a nap today...didn't get in until 2:15 a.m. Zzzzzzz!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby studiogirl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Three decent recordings from last night on YouTube....

White Boy from Sacramento - https://youtu.be/L-Zmj7rVXIg
Peaceful Easy Feeling - https://youtu.be/O9UhIEj9wNk
AGFTK - https://youtu.be/7gM3tXVjeSM
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 pm

If Tim's band is mostly from the Expando tour then it will be a great night in about 2 weeks!
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby Diederik1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks, SG! Interesting read.
Diederik1

Postby rdrd97 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 am

http://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/1845244

Here is a link to some photos from Richie & Tim at the Saban Theater, Dec 03.
rdrd97

Next

Return to Poco Discussion