Tiffin/Niffit

Postby bigpocofan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Any veteran Poconuts remember?
emagina.com

Imagine the enigma of meaning.
bigpocofan

Re: Tiffin/Niffit

Postby studiogirl » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 pm

You bet I do!! I downloaded lots of those threads... They're saved as html pages, so I can't insert them, and copying the text results in something hard to read. However, I'll post a segment as text. Dr. Mojave posting as Poodleman was having a lot of fun!! If anyone's interested, I can email the files. The folder containing several pages of threads is about 10 mb.

Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:06 PM
Niffit
Tiffin

Group: Message Boarder

are there any other nonfiction book plots where nature forces 'a kill' (?),sure,...the conquering of Mexico, Latin America, & South America...THEY KILLED FOR IT...Neil Young comes to mind-Cortez The Killer
----------------
As far as you've gone is as far again as you need to go. (Law of the Universe: average distance between stars, 8 light years)

*Edited by Niffit - Dec 11 2008, 7:17 PM
Pages: [1] |
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:07 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PoodleMan
Hi There!

QUOTE: (Niffit @ Dec 11 2008, 7:01 PM)
the pull of the book is where nature force's itself on a World System...Europe would do likewise in conquering the lower countries...nature forces 'a kill'. but, dates are important to the subject...

dates are important but so are figs

----------------

My favorite color is clear.
--
Do you have crust on your pizza?
--
Howl if you love Ludlow!
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:08 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Budman

QUOTE: (Niffit @ Dec 11 2008, 7:06 PM)
are there any other book plots where nature forces 'a kill' (?)

to kill a mockingbird
----------------

First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you. ~Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:15 PM
PoodleMan
Hi There!

QUOTE: (Niffit @ Dec 11 2008, 7:06 PM)
are there any other book plots where nature forces 'a kill' (?)

the bible?

----------------

--
--
Howl if you love Ludlow!
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:18 PM
Niffit
Tiffin

the bible is fabricated fiction but period fiction and untranslatable from the Hebrew. the world has Emperor Constantine to blame for that.

----------------

As far as you've gone is as far again as you need to go. (Law of the Universe: average distance between stars, 8 light years)

*Edited by Niffit - Dec 11 2008, 7:21 PM
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:26 PM
Niffit
Tiffin

where nature (the natural elements that is) forces a kill...
i figure, it's a plot that's never been used

----------------

*Edited by Niffit - Dec 11 2008, 8:26 PM
PoodleMan
Hi There!

QUOTE: (Niffit @ Dec 11 2008, 7:18 PM)
the bible is fabricated fiction but period fiction and untranslatable from the Hebrew. the world has Emperor Constantine to blame for that.

untranslatable from the hebrew? who says? the new testament was greek. easily translated. constantine lived 300 years later. dead sea scrolls are interesting...or just a red herring?

----------------

--
--
Howl if you love Ludlow!

*Edited by PoodleMan - Dec 11 2008, 7:26 PM
PoodleMan
Hi There!

QUOTE: (Niffit @ Dec 11 2008, 7:26 PM)
where nature forces a kill...
i figure, it's a plot that's never been used

maybe moby dick?

----------------

--
--
Howl if you love Ludlow!
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:29 PM
Niffit
Tiffin

it's alot of bull and so are the people who use it...fanatic monks have been writing bull for centuries, why? they'wre illiterate.

----------------

Posted: Dec 11 2008, 7:32 PM
Niffit
Tiffin

the Axis Of Rotation of this planet is a full 30 degrees off center (why?), probably 'molecules' are of zero worth. probably (?)...Ice Ages every 20,000 yrs is no God's gift.

the four RAMA books by Arthur C. Clarke...i think, alot of bull.

----------------

*Edited by Niffit - Dec 11 2008, 7:40 PM
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 8:02 PM
Niffit
Tiffin

'Natural Catastrophies' -like comets & asteroids?...it's nature's way on most planetoids...asteroids are one thing but planet rotation is a 'bigger concept' (.)

a perfect 'new plot' noones ever written...the planetoid is screwed every 20,000 years into 'live or die' mode by the weather (!)

----------------

*Edited by Niffit - Dec 11 2008, 8:09 PM
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby TonySTL » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks SG, those messages do bring back memories. Who was Tiffen? Miss the Doc.

BTW, miss you too slightly older sister.

How was Richie shows? Looks like you got to see TBS and Randy?

Tell JimmyM I said hi!
TonySTL

Postby mcdtj » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:19 am

Loved, loved, loved reading Alan's posts, under all his aliases.

Alan was a very bright guy. He also was a man of relatively few needs who lived a relatively uncluttered and simple life. He had and enjoyed his work, he had and enjoyed his friends, he had and enjoyed his music. He could have had "more," but I don't think he would have enjoyed "more."

The doctor is out, sadly...
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:20 pm

TonySTL wrote:Thanks SG, those messages do bring back memories. Who was Tiffen? Miss the Doc.

BTW, miss you too slightly older sister.

How was Richie shows? Looks like you got to see TBS and Randy?

Tell JimmyM I said hi!

Tony! Miss you, too...but glad I get "the news" from Peg on FB. Will tell JimmyM hi...assuming you mean "our" JimmyM and not that Other JimmyM guitar slinger...LOL

mcdtj wrote:Loved, loved, loved reading Alan's posts, under all his aliases.

Alan was a very bright guy. He also was a man of relatively few needs who lived a relatively uncluttered and simple life. He had and enjoyed his work, he had and enjoyed his friends, he had and enjoyed his music. He could have had "more," but I don't think he would have enjoyed "more."

The doctor is out, sadly...

Tim, I have PAGES of those threads and others with Zog, often out of context (which sometimes doesn't matter!). I read them now and then, and they never fail to get me laughing out loud. Good counterpoint to the fact that Alan and Bill are elsewhere for now....
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Patm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:59 pm

If ever there was another "Legend" to go along with the Poco one on these pages, it has to be Alan. His posts were required reading and always hilarious. He's also the man most responsible for making Ludlow, CA. the tourist attraction it is today,

RIP Doctor.
"Don't Stop The Carnival." (You've got to play by Kinja rules.)
Patm

Postby MartinG » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:34 am

Don't forget Sundot as well ...
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby studiogirl » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:36 pm

MartinG wrote:Don't forget Sundot as well ...

Post by welder » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm
this planet is 5 billion yrs old and has 1 billion yrs on the star left

for 45 million yrs it was the T-Rex and it's major food source the Duckbilled dinosaur, the T-Rex didn't have to chase down anything, in America around the Utah inland sea and i figure the odds of the T-Rex attacking the Triceratops is slim as it's very similar to the modern day Rhino in Africa which is known to run very fast, so i figure the Triceratops would simply run away and never be caught, other then this i had a dream-a T-Rex eating it's Duckbilled dinosaur kill and being surrounded by 4 smaller Alisaraus dinosaurs working in unity to bring it down, however thinking about this i doubt seriously those dinosaurs would have the brains to do that, and simply the T-Rex would cause too much immediate damage to each, other than that there were the amazing Raptors which i do believe could work in unity to kill, that leaves the Sarapods which being so huge could never be attacked by anything until they fell over from old age or were small when young...that's a possible kill for the T-Rex, and also worthy of note: the largest dinosaurs including T-Rex's have been found in Argentina, also China had plenty...

i just made a cd order new from a huge store in NYC at a great bargain price too--and unfortunately i have no cd collection left--out of spending money--Alicia Keys-The Diary Of, a super popular cd that every immigrant in NYC bought when it was released and they all like it, a great pull because--it has one absolutely beautiful piano song about NYC in the opening and at the end of the cd another-"Samsonite Man-Hit The Road Jack" (and) the real reason for having it forever, the brand new pull on the cd has a full two page spread inside color picture of NYC looking from the outer suburbs and picking the best side can be folded and slipped back into the cd so that you can view the picture and nothing else, i find the cropping of the picture absolutely captivating ...to repeat the beautiful opening song about NYC all day long played thru my small t.v.set with my great buy of a $35 dollar black Sony DVD Player i got thru the mail that is so compact that when it came it actually although tight fit the mailbox! but also, i have a great pancake player that uses two AA batteries with neat wide black trim, a K-Mart pull, which has a FM Radio, the thing so great it picks up all stations here and the neat thing is it uses a pull of small little earphones which you put into your ears-the neatest thing? the earphones are the antenae! the radio display is also digital, which is absolutely fantastic and super easy to find stations, and fantastic volume. that opening song about NYC i find so amazing that it pulls better than any Don Henley song ever could! just plain perfect. the earphones kept in a black plastic 35 millimeter film bottle with plastic grey cap... the brand? Emerson, a high end brand made in China. the reason i picked it? it's perfectly circular and the wide black plastic border about 3/4 inches wide completely around it...silver top and bottom....

BUNGEE CORD BELT FOR BLUEJEANS
-(UNFORTUNATELY ONLY 33 INCHES WORKS)- THAT I WEAR MADE WITH A PAIR OF 6 INCH VICE GRIPS, IS FITTED WITH ONE SOLID 1 INCH WIDE RING AND 1 GOOD KEY RING HIT, BY THIS CONSTRUCTION, IT HAS TWO STRENGTH SETTINGS WITH THE SOLID RING SUPER STRONG FOR A 6 MILE HIKE WHICH I HAVE HERE IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...IT IS A QUICK RELEASE BELT WHICH I HAVE RELEASED AS I TYPE HERE...MINE'S BRIGHT ORANGE BUT I FIGURE COLOR DOESN'T MATTER, ALSO, THE T-SHIRTS THAT I WEAR COVER THE BELT AND THE WAY I PREPARE THE FASTERS THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGING A T-SHIRT!...I'VE HAD MINE FOR SIX YEARS AND IT SHOWS NO WEAR AT ALL...AND THIS, I FIGURE, W/O THE SOLID RING THE WHOLE CONCEPT IS NO GOOD AND NOT WORTH THE EFFORT(IF NOT FOUND INDIVIDUALLY AT A HARDWARE STORE, THE SOLID 1 INCH WIDE RINGS CAN BE STOLEN FROM A SMALL DOGS STAINLESS STEEL CHOKER CHAIN WHICH HAS TWO AT EACH END, YOU WOULD HAVE TO CUT THEM OFF THOUGH AND IT COSTS MORE)...WITH THIS BUNGEE BELT HIT YOU CAN QUICKLY AND VERY EASILY HANG ANYTHING BY RINGS OR MY HIT OF 4 SMALL BLACK & BRASS TINY MASTER LOCKS! ALSO I HAVE A HIT ON THE BEST CANTEEN A CIVILIAN CAN BUY-ARMY GREEN PLASTIC, ARMY DESIGN CANTEEN QUICKLY HUNG FROM THIS BELT-CAN CARRY A WHOLE BEER IF YOU COULD BUY THE INDIVIDUAL BOTTLE/MILK/ORANGE JUICE/SODA HIT IF YOU BUY A 2 QT CARTON HIT...I BELIEVE THAT THE STANDARD ARMY, MARINE, AND NAVY SEALS CANTEEN IS ALUMINUM THOUGH...MY PLASTIC ONE...MADE IN CHINA....WHAT'S GREAT, WHEN EMPTY IS SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT ON YOUR BELT TOO...

WALLET HIT
-WHEN MY FATHER CAME BACK FROM HIS ONE YEAR TERM IN VIETNAM HE BROUGHT BACK WITH HIM A HIT FROM VIETNAM OF 7 INCH BLACK LEATHER POCKET WALLETS-UNFORTUNELY THEY WERE SOWN IN THE INSIDE WITH PLASTIC FOR THE CARDS AND THE CARDS TO SLIP IN LIKE THEY DO AND YOU KNOW? EASILY FALL OUT--THE PLASTIC LASTED ABOUT ONE MONTH AND ALL THOSE WALLETS DIED, HIS TOO...OVER THE YEARS I'VE TRIED A HIT HERE ON TWO EXPENSIVE TOBACCO POUCHES FOR A WALLET AND THEY WERE SIMPLY TOO SMALL I BOUGHT AT THE LOCAL TOBACCO STORE, PRICE? $15 A PIECE, IMPORTS AND THE ZIPPERS DIED ON BOTH! RECENTLY I HAD MY TWO BLACK NYLON, THIN, TRIFOLD WALLETS WITH VELCRO RIP OUT AT THE TOP OF THE ONLY TWO INTERIOR POCKETS THAT WOULD PROTECT A DRIVERS LICENSE JUST AT THE STORE PUTTING BACK MY DEBIT CARD, THE VELCRO GAVE OUT IN ONE YEAR ON BOTH! TOTALLY SCREWED..............SO, W/O A WALLET LEFT....AND, SEARCHING MY MOTHER'S POCKETBOOKS HERE TO DROP OFF AT THE LOCAL THRIFT STORE, I FOUND A WHITE TOP ZIPPING CARD HOLDER, NO EXTERIER POCKETS TO SCREW JUST A SLIP POCKET FLUSH WITH THE SIDE MADE OF SIMILATED PLASTIC LEATHER LIKE NAGAHIDE, BIGGER THAN ANY TOBACCO POUCH PULL THAT'S SO RIGHTIOUS THAT ALL CARD'S FIT DROPPED EASILY THROUGHT THE TOP AND SO MUCH SPACE THAT IT'S A GREAT HOLDER OF MY TRACFONE (CELLPHONE), TOO BUT VERY SLIM TOTAL LENGTH 6 INCHES! .........FITS YOUR POCKET PERFECT.......SO, THE STORY?...IF, YOUR A MAN, AND WANT A GREAT FOREVER WALLET HIT...GO, TO THE WOMEN'S DEPARTMENT IN WALLMART AND PICKUP THIS CHEAP, WATERPROOF EVEN DROP THROUGH THE TOP, 6 INCH LONG WOMEN'S CARDHOLDER, WHITE LIKE MINE WORKS AND I COULD CARELESS...JUST SO IT'S NOT PINK.........BLACK WOULD BE GREAT OR BLUE...ALL THIS, FOR PENNY'S AND WATERPROOF TOO!

SHAVING HIT
-I DON'T BUY EXPENSIVE RAZORS...NOW I USE A GREAT PAIR OF KITCHEN SCISSORS WITH A SHORT AND WIDE STAINLESS STEEL BLADE ABOUT 3 INCHES LONG WHICH FITS MY POCKET EASILY AND ALSO IS A GREAT HAIR CUTTING TOOL (OVER THE YEARS I'VE HAD A BLACK DOUBLE EDGE BLADE RAZER WHICH UNFORTUNATELY IT BECAME IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BLADES...EVEN TRIED AN ELECTRIC RAZOR WHICH SIMPLY DIED AND WAS SO STUPED...)

POCKET CLOCK PULL-
a night stand digital clock from radio shack that fits your pocket working on two AA batteries which lasts 3 years w/o changing them of superior grey construction and large digital display, only 3 buttons for setting on the whole unit!/...two black plastic digital wrist watches of the same brand with-daily days of the week display/date of the month/and digital time display...had black nylon straps with velcro which gave out the first month...then to repair i drilled by removing one of the four screws from the back and fitted with a small key ring.......both watches hung from an adapted small dog choker chain which are stainless steel, having one solid ring of course fitted with small key rings and again the great stainless steel links........the chain 7 inches....the beauty...these type of watches use a small stainless steel battery case which never bleeds in the watch so you can just leave it there when it fails and just replace for one watch at any jewelers store in 15 minutes and they can even set it!...the three little stainless screws on the backs easily pulled by a jeweler, and also one small brass spring hook hardware store buy fitted easily to hang the two identical pocket watches, that's a buy that lasts a lifetime, never have to fool with it again....

BADMINTON-if you've got enough room in your backyard it's the perfect sport! it's a racquet and net game just as fun as Volleyball...and takes up less space and it's mellow to play!......uses a racquet similar to tennis racquets but inexpensive and super light, with a small lightweight feather ball, has a net,...and, you can even play doubles with it! what a fun thing to do in the evening!

ROY ROGERS-i want to admit here that as a kid, i was totally captivated by Roy Roger's tan horse even though at first t.v.'s were black & white...

THIS IS TRUE-way back i had a small book for welding small steel boats--even showed in the back a photo of a Tugboat with a view of the stern which had movable props for stearing! but what was rightious about the book was a picture in the front, b&w showing and made of probably the thinnest steel plate you can buy (maybe .007mm) floating perfectly and tide up to a dock, had steel welded oarlocks too-- an 8 ft-STEEL PRAM ROWBOAT, and two wooden oars...what a neat garage project! here's why--all that's needed to build it would be a very small low power arcwelder machine super cheap.....and the greatest thing,...all of your welding could be simple 'downwelding' as you could move that small a boat into position for all welds easily by yourself, the frames welded first with bow and stern-1/2 inch angleiron framing-and since it's built so strongly no bulkheads would be required-you could have three wooden dropin and slide in place and removable board seats then you could actually lay down full length and of course fit the whole thing out with a mast and lug sail! ...and, the arcwelding would use the thinnest welding rods available...all that's needed really is: a welding jacket/a welding mask/& welding gloves and of course the paint for steel plate, and also an acetylene torch/12 steel clamps/wood stringers to guide the torch cuts--the whole project would only take one week to build and then the purchase of a small lawnmower trailer for your car to tow it, and of course you have to make full size lines drawings before you start requiring some simple drafting tools, the original drawing design and lines drawing can come from those on the web a simple download to your printer would do it and then enlarged from that to full size, that's an absolute necessity, also you might want a canvas cover to protect from rain and small outboard plus gas tank.........WOW! WHAT A NEAT PROJECT!

I MAY EVEN BE ABLE TO BUY POCO'S NEW CD BY CHRISTMASTIME IF MY COMPUTER HOLDS UP THAT LONG AS IT TAKES WINDOWS XP TO DOWNLOAD A FREE WEBBROWSER AND RIGHT NOW, MY PC DOESN'T HAVE IT AND I'LL NEVER HAVE A NEW PC-WINDOWS XP COSTS WITH POSTAGE $260...

ISN'T LIFE O.K. OR GREAT ENOUGH, TO FOOL AROUND WITH LITTLE THINGS AND HAVE SOMETHING WHERE THERE WAS NOTHING BEFORE?

ISN'T LIFE O.K. AND EVEN GRAND? 8-)
[size=50]Last edited by welder on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 24 times in total.[/size]

Post by MartinG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:55 pm
Welcome back Sundot !

Post by sunsetkidd » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:48 pm
I don't think it's sundot!

Post by welder » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm
sorry, maybe so...

the sundot name comes from a read of Carl Sagan's book "Pale Blue Dot"
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Return to Poco Discussion