George Harrison Collection

Discuss the band.

Re: George Harrison Collection

Postby ctlegend » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:04 am

I was 3 years old when Beatlemania hit the U.S.
Although I remember the big fuss about 'Hey Jude' becoming a #1 hit, I believe in `69.

Pocomania is alive and well in my world of 2009.
ctlegend

Postby robc » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

At least they gave us I Don't Want To Do It from the Porky's Revenge soundtrack. Lot of better tunes they could have picked to be honest. I, myself, would have liked to seen them include the long version of Got My Mind Set On You. Nothing here to make me want to rush out and get this one. If I see it cheap on half.com or Amazon I might pick it up used.
robc

Postby keefsdad99 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:26 pm

DrMichaelGalvin wrote:Could you be more specific? I can not think of any Beatles song which I would consider even remotely bland. Some are much better than others but I can assure you none are bland. The worst of the Beatles is usually better than other bands best.

Dr. Galvin

Yes, I only wish i could be that bland :D
keefsdad99

Postby nyrichiek » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:52 pm

George Harrison i thought was thebest dlide player i have ever heard. I love him as a singer,Musician and songwriter. And a great version of If I Needed Someone is done by the Late Grat Dan Fogelberg which he does with TBS.
nyrichiek

Postby jerzeypocofan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:56 am

nyrichiek wrote:George Harrison i thought was thebest dlide player i have ever heard. I love him as a singer,Musician and songwriter. And a great version of If I Needed Someone is done by the Late Grat Dan Fogelberg which he does with TBS.

What cd is this song on??
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby jerzeypocofan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:56 am

nyrichiek wrote:George Harrison i thought was thebest dlide player i have ever heard. I love him as a singer,Musician and songwriter. And a great version of If I Needed Someone is done by the Late Grat Dan Fogelberg which he does with TBS.

I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby MsUp » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:58 am

jerzeypocofan wrote:

Ditto ?
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:16 am

I got my copy of this new GH collection, yesterday, and I'm so glad that I did. As I mentioned, in a previous post, I have everything on it (and I understand why most wouldn't run out to purchase the same music all over again), but wanted to have this CD. For one thing, the packaging is very nice, in the style of Paul's Coast CD (with an inside cover pocket and a 28 page booklet, mostly black & white and artsy). Behind the CD is a very close-up shot of just George's vibrato arm & strings.
..His music sings for itself.... :D ...
MsUp

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion