Michael Kelsh

Discuss the band.

Michael Kelsh

Postby Jim_in_Arkansas » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:23 pm

It was either last year or the year before that Poco had Michael Kelsh sit in with them at Wildwood. I bought his CD, but never really listened to it until this week. I can't believe I have let this CD sit around wasting! Really nice sound and Rusty plays on 10 of the 15 tracks! Really beautiful steel by the arguably the best steel guitar player in the world. Michael has a really smooth voice and is a gifted songwriter. Give it a listen if you get a chance. The CD is called Well of Mercy and was produced by Rodney Crowell.

jim
Jim_in_Arkansas

Re: Michael Kelsh

Postby kroney » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks Jim....I will check it out for sure....With Rusty's steel and the handy work of Rodney it should be good.....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby MsUp » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:14 pm

I have Michael's CD, he was selling them in Nashville, at The Wildhorse Saloon, and he signed it for me. It's awesome, I love the CD. I believe there was an earlier thread on poconut.com, about his music. Michael sang with Poco at Wildwood Springs Lodge, last October, he was wonderful (great voice, and he can write, too).
MsUp

Postby Cardinals » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:48 pm

Jim_in_Arkansas wrote:It was either last year or the year before that Poco had Michael Kelsh sit in with them at Wildwood. I bought his CD, but never really listened to it until this week. I can't believe I have let this CD sit around wasting! Really nice sound and Rusty plays on 10 of the 15 tracks! Really beautiful steel by the arguably the best steel guitar player in the world. Michael has a really smooth voice and is a gifted songwriter. Give it a listen if you get a chance. The CD is called Well of Mercy and was produced by Rodney Crowell.

jim

You're right Jim.The cd is excellent! I talked to Michael at Wildwood last year and he's a very nice and humble man.
“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” Ronald Reagan called those “the nine most terrifying words in the English language” -- and with good reason.
Cardinals

Return to Poco Discussion