Beta testing; by invitation only

Discuss the band.

Beta testing; by invitation only

Postby georgelawrence24 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi guys and gals. We will use this thread to beta test this site. We will also delete this thread after the site is announced. I will suggest to Shad the webmaster that he check in here once a day to see your comments. Please avoid the obvious; "there aren't enough pics in the scrapbook, the tour dates aren't up yet". Yes, we know all the content is not up yet. The main concern during this beta testing period is how well do things work? So navigate around the site and see if you run into any roadblocks or sticky widgets. i know a lot of this looks just like it did before. It was the unseen guts of the site that needed finishing. Please do not announce this to the public or to poconut.com. We wanted just a few people who had web design and implementation experience and could talk to Shad on a programmer level. Also don't email Shad or me or Mary on this. let's use this forum to talk about this, thanks, George, Shad and denmother Mary :-)
georgelawrence24

Re: Beta testing; by invitation only

Postby TonySTL » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Diving right in. Obviously needed sighted assistance for the registration code but a link was available for visually impaired users. As long as someone is going to reply to accessibility requests, I see no problem. That was the problem I had at RichieFuray.com, I never received a reply from an administrator to the assist for visually impaired.

I noticed that Headers are used...these are a very good thing for adaptive software navigation.
I'll check more when time permits.
Feel free to email me with any specific questions.
TonySTL

Postby kagronick » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:45 pm

On every foum page you got a table tag showing in IE8. Its this code right here:
Code: Select all
<td width="30px" background="../includes/templates/classic/images/graphics2/content_right_border.gif>

On the journal page some characters are showing up as squares. If your using flash for that theres an option to embed the font into the flash file. That would probably fix it. I wanted to upload a picture of this but i got the error message: The extension bmp is not allowed. Might want to change that too so people can upload pictures of things like the shows.

One more thing that you need to change in PHPBB. It says yourdomain.com in the ELUA and the welcome email for the forums.

Other than that the site looks great.
kagronick

Postby Will » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Great job skinning phpBB! Here's my list in order of my perceived importance:

• Database integration between ZenCart and phpBB so that one registration is required instead of two.
  • Improved ZenCart photo templates; store items can have multiple pictures (front, back, etc.)
There are ZenCart templates available that might be of use; the Zen community (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum) is fairly helpful since it's open-source. That's where I would start but great job thus far.
Will

Return to Poco Discussion