Cheap Trick

Discuss the band.

Cheap Trick

Postby jerzeypocofan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:23 am

Press Release / LAS VEGAS- “Sgt. Pepper Live,” featuring Cheap Trick, will be presented at the Las Vegas Hilton September 13-15, 17-19 and 21-23 in a Bill Edwards Presents, Inc. production. The performances, with special musical guests to be announced, will feature a full symphony orchestra, audio production by Geoff Emerick and set design by Reneм Lagler.
“One of America's greatest bands ever, doing their live interpretation of this classic rock album, an album nobody believed could be performed outside the recording studio, sets a new standard for rock and entertainment in Las Vegas,” said Ken Ciancimino, executive vice president of the Las Vegas Hilton.
“We are going to make rock 'n' roll history by incorporating this legendary American rock group with the music of the Beatles,” said Bill Edwards, producer. “This is a groundbreaking performance that everyone said couldn't be done live, but Cheap Trick has perfected it.”
In contrast to other shows in Las Vegas, tickets will be priced affordably, starting at $65. Previous performances of “Sgt. Pepper Live” featuring Cheap Trick drew tens of thousands of fans for sold-out performances in Los Angeles, selling more than 53,000 tickets.
Best known for their classic singles, “I Want You To Want Me” and “Surrender,” American power-pop progenitors Cheap Trick recorded the album, All Shook Up in 1980 with Sir George Martin and Geoff Emerick, producer and engineer of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Emerick will continue to be in charge of the audio production for “Sgt. Pepper Live.” He received Grammy Awards for the engineering of Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road. The special engagement will be performed in the legendary Hilton Theater, home to Elvis Presley (who entertained for 837 consecutive performances) and superstar Barry Manilow.
Tickets for “Sgt. Pepper Live” featuring Cheap Trick, Sept.13-15, 17-19 and 21-23 (all at 8 p.m.) are priced at $65, $80 and $95. All ticket prices exclude tax and fees and can be purchased at the Las Vegas Hilton box office or by logging onto http://www.lvhilton.com, http://www.vegas.com, http://www.ticketmaster.com, or phone at 702-732-5755 or 1-800-222-5361. Tickets are on sale Saturday, June 13 at 10 a.m.
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Re: Cheap Trick

Postby sunsetkidd » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:56 am

I was one of the first Cheap Trick fans way back in the day, and I think Heaven Tonight and Live at Budokan are fantastic, essential rock albums. And I always loved Beatles and Sgt. Pepper, and every single Beatles release.
But this particular event at first glance doesn't appeal to me.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby Dar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:49 pm

8-)
Dar

Postby jerzeypocofan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:32 pm

sunsetkidd wrote:I was one of the first Cheap Trick fans way back in the day, and I think Heaven Tonight and Live at Budokan are fantastic, essential rock albums. And I always loved Beatles and Sgt. Pepper, and every single Beatles release.
But this particular event at first glance doesn't appeal to me.

Me too Jim...saw Cheap Trick back in the late 70's with The Cars at the Capitol Theater 8-)
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Return to Poco Discussion