What are you reading on KINDLE?

Discuss the band.

Re: What are you reading on KINDLE?

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:08 pm

highanddry in NY, was scrolling thru some old posts and came across your post regarding James Fearnley's book Here Comes Everybody. My take is that Fearnley is biting the hand that feeds him. Shane is a brilliant writer in spite of all his faults (and there are many) Shane MacGowan is one of my favorite composers and did so much in reviving traditional Irish music. His talent should be obvious to all when the likes of The Dubliners and Christy Moore have recorded his compositions and performed with him. I only wish he would dry out before he becomes a statistic and continue writing and performing. Have you read A Drink With Shane MacGowan by his wife Victoria Clarke or Rake At The Gates Of Hell by Robert Mamrak?

Dr. G
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Re: What are you reading on KINDLE?

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:17 pm

high and dry in ny Got another good Irish book for ye if ye enjoyed Brendan Behan. A Monk Swimming by Malachy McCourt (Franks brother)

Sláinte, Míceál Ó Gealbháin AKA Dr.G
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion