What are you reading on KINDLE?

Discuss the band.

Re: What are you reading on KINDLE?

Postby kweevak » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Hey George - My wife wrote this book which is sure to provide positive vibes on the road!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Positive-Power-Secrets-A-Z/dp/0741475200/
PLEASE BUY MY MUSIC!! Creative and eclectic songs -"Those Days" even name checks POCO!!! Take a listen at >>> -- https://rockinrichlynch.bandcamp.com
kweevak

Postby TartanSkirt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 am

Silent Revenge - Laura Landon
The Good Lawyer - Thomas Benigno
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum (darker tone than the movie)
Grimm's Fairy Tales - Jacob Grimm
Complete Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe
Pretending to be a normal person day-to-day is exhausting.
TartanSkirt

Postby Jemrys7 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm

I am currently reading two different Books on kindle: The Zoo Job A Leverage Book by Keith RA Decandido Based on the TNT Show Leverage! this was/is one of my favorite Books and TV Shows! I also just finished a Book by Kathy Reichs. She is the Creator of the Bones Series. This book is the Second in a 3 part Series and it is called Virals and was written by Kathy and her son Brendan Reichs! This is written for teenagers but I really learned alot. The third Book in the Series will be out next Tuesday the 12th of March! My favorite Books are about king Arthur and Merlin; as well as British History from the 14th through the 18th Century. Mary Stewart; Stephen Lawhead; Philippa Gregory; Bernard Cornwell; James Patterson; Rick Riordan and John Grisham; and Dan Brown these are some of my favorite Authors. I also love to read the Holy Bible. Jane Elizabeth Hames/ Jemrys7
Jemrys7

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:40 am

Nothing. I only read real physical books made of paper and cardboard and cloth. BUT, I suggest you look for The Complete Short Stories Of Ernest Hemingway, The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck, All Quiet On The Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy, and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Dr. G
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby bluelarryblue » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Like Dr.G, I have maintained the tactile connection to paper. However, as I have begun travelling more by air I've reappraised the sheer weight of the contents of my backpack and today I bought a Kindle. Plus last week on outbound and return legs of Dallas/Nashville via Houston flight, Jabba the Hutt or his twin brother sat in the middle seat and pinned me against the window so that I could hardly turn the pages of The Dain Curse by Dashiell Hammet (sp).
bluelarryblue

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Larry, Larry, Larry, you've disappointed me. I'd leave half my clothes behind to make room for my books before I'd buy a Kindle (or any other electronic book device).
By the way, I just found a copy of Hammett's The Dain Curse at the dump.

Dr. G
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby high and dry in n.y. » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 pm

C'mon over to the dark side Doc.....I know your conundrum and feel your pain like Clinton,but yes the smell of papyrus is intoxicating and enticing and I'm an old paperback reader meself,but you can't stop technology,time marches on and all that,Kindle up my good man[buy my 2 papers daily....!] Took you up on Behan [can get him on kindle too] and will be perusing it for it's jocularity up and around till Patty's Day.Doc,regarding the book issue,your startin' to remind me of Charlton Heston saying "You'll have to pry this book from my cold, dead ,fingers"......
high and dry in n.y.

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm

That paraphrased Heston quote is quite appropriate. I'll not go electric until paper books are no longer printed and I'll most likely be long gone before that happens. Then my wife will turn my library into a cocktail lounge.

Dr. G
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby high and dry in n.y. » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Sounds like aJetsons version of a Starbucks, intriguing hmmm....
high and dry in n.y.

Postby bluelarryblue » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Dr. G,
I'm sorry to disappoint. I already don't like the Kindle so much. But I've become amazed at they declining amount of weight I can haul around. Getting old(er) really sucks, but I guess it's preferrable to not getting older.

The dump is a good place for The Dain Curse. The plot is so complicated I think Hammett even lost track of it and finally just made up an ending. But he did accomplish one very cool technique in that the name of the guy relating the story is never mentioned. The Maltese Falcon is nearly as complicated.

Have you ever thought of writing yourself? Your dry humor iswickedly awesome! LS
bluelarryblue

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion