Rusty Young on TV

Discuss the band.

Rusty Young on TV

Postby Denbo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 am

I don't know if any Poconuts are familiar with the TV show "Through the Decades". It is an excellent program. Each day, they take that day in history and highlight significant events that happened on that day in history. They also do a segment on pop culture.

Yesterday, November 26, they had a five minute interview with our own Rusty Young. It covered the song Crazy Love, because it had been released as a single on November 26, some forty years ago.

Rusty was his usual articulate self. The backstory on the song was that the words and melody came to him while he was "paneling a room in his house". He quickly wrote down some lyrics, and played it for Paul. Well, Paul liked it although Rusty wanted to write more lyrics instead of the oohs and aahs in the song. Paul said "don't change a thing".

The record company didn't want to release it in late November. Radio stations typically start playing Christmas music more at that time of year. Rusty convinced them that there would be no better time, as they would be the only game in town, so to speak.

Of course, the rest is history as the song was released on November 26, and became Poco's biggest selling record.

The entire interview is on Decades.com. It is worth a look as it is always nice to see Poco get some well-deserved credit.
Denbo

Re: Rusty Young on TV

Postby davidbhphd » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:37 am

Thanks for posting this, Denbo!
davidbhphd

Re: Rusty Young on TV

Postby Jiff » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Thanks for the report. I've seen a lot of Decades episodes. Missed it. I see that the November 27 and 28 episodes are still available to see. Shoot.
Jiff

Return to Poco Discussion