For Studiogirl

Discuss the band.

For Studiogirl

Postby werock » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:09 pm

werock

Re: For Studiogirl

Postby studiogirl » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:25 pm

Thanks, Wayne!! That's very cool!

It's been a long time since we connected. Hope all is well.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:48 pm

A great hoedown tune. D to Am to C to G on the chords. Plus, if we know this one, we can also easily learn:

* "Let It Rain" by Eric Clapton. Clapton is a huge fan of "Questions" and has admitted he ripped off Stills in writing this song.

* "Cinnamon Girl" by Neil Young. Fuzz up the guitars, slow the tempo and make it more driving, use a different bridge and, voila!! "Questions" becomes "Cinnamon Girl."

* "Hurry Up" by Poco. Higher key and different timing between chord changes, but it is in the "Questions" family.

* "High and Dry" by Poco. Another song that owes a tip of the cap to "Questions."

* "Boondocks" by Little Big Town. Higher key, a dobro guitar, and more harmony vocal parts. This one is "Questions" in country clothing.

* "Slow Turning" by John Hiatt. Lower key, but the first two lines of each verse and the chorus are in the "What I Like About You" chord pattern, while the last two lines of each verse are the "Questions" chord pattern.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Let's just hope that we can even have a hoedown this year!! I sure did miss it last year! But I think spring will be too soon...maybe fall? But whenever we finally can, we'll do it!!!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Return to Poco Discussion